The mkiv Supra Owners Club

n/a 95 manual j spec, de cat help please

philstowell

my poor poor supe is off the road again at the mo, im trying to get hold of a de cat, its the cat near the exhaust manifold?? that is knackered, any help will be greatly accepted with thanks, any ideas where to get them, are there differences between tt and n/a de cats? as you can tell im clueless all iv been able to find out is the americn and uk and jap ones are all different, is that true?

many thanks in advance guys

phill

Check the for sale section, IDO has a first de-cat pipe for sale about half way down the page, came from Paul Whiffen so it'll be a proper fit and finish.

Hands off its mine:p

Are ther any performance gains to be had with a De-cat on an n/a ?

About 10 bhp per decat (apparrently) plus a throaty exhaust note:eyebrows:

You will be lucky. Show me an N/A with decat before and after dyno graphs with 10BHP increase and i will eat my hat. Ive never seen anyone on here with proof.

Me, I had 224 on a dyno before decat and 241 after. Not the same dyno for each test however, but them's the results.

(usual caveats about whether calcualted flywheel BHP actually means anything)