The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Quick TTC Question, help please

Scott

Nope, 5th pic down isnt the wastegate actuator, as that is on the back of the second turbo ;) - The EGCV is the exhaust part of the sequential system.

Eh? The WG VSV and the EGCV VSV are joined together on a bracket on front of the 1st turbo are they not? There is a thick pipe and a thin pipe coming from the top, the thin pipe controlls the EGCV the thick one controlls the WG. The arrows in the pic point to the WG pipe, not the EGCV pipe. I just tried it on jamesey's car and thats when i came accross the issue. If you try to take the thick pipe off and attach it to the EGCV actuator, its far far too big.

Eh? The WG VSV and the EGCV VSV are joined together on a bracket on front of the 1st turbo are they not? There is a thick pipe and a thin pipe coming from the top, the thin pipe controlls the EGCV the thick one controlls the WG. The arrows in the pic point to the WG pipe, not the EGCV pipe. I just tried it on jamesey's car and thats when i came accross the issue. If you try to take the thick pipe off and attach it to the EGCV actuator, its far far too big.

sure you got the correct VSV? as there are two on one bracket... I did this to my car, and one or two other and works fine...

the two on the bracket in front of the 1st turbo are WG VSV (blue one 90910-12115 i think) and the other is the EGCV VSV

the two on the bracket in front of the 1st turbo are WG VSV (blue one 90910-12115 i think) and the other is the EGCV VSV

Yup thats the chappies, the WG VSV has the larger connections hence the larger pipe, if you take that off of the VSV and try to put it on the EGCV actuator it will be far too big and fall off.

Its just a mixup with the pics i think.

If you look at this one you can see the thick pipe and the thin pipe next to each other. The thick one connects to the WG VSV and the thin one connects to the EGCV VSV. In the guide it says that the thick pipe is the EGCV VSV.

attachment.php?attachmentid=13948&d=1112559170

sure you got the correct VSV? as there are two on one bracket... I did this to my car, and one or two other and works fine...

I'm pretty sure when you have did it you have used the correct pipe though, you will have used the narrow one when doing it, not the thick one as per the guide.

Nope, 5th pic down isnt the wastegate actuator, as that is on the back of the second turbo ;) - The EGCV is the exhaust part of the sequential system.

Are you sure the wastegate actuator isn't on the first turbo ;) The (hugely inaccessible) one on the back of turbo 2 is the exhaust gas bypass valve...

-Ian