The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Interest in rose jointed suspension arms?

Paul Whiffin

Hi chaps,

I'm about to have some rose jointed suspension arms made for the Supra. Just trying to get an idea on how many people would be interested in a set. They will be made in the UK using top quality materials, all powder coated and with top quality rose joints, not cheap rubbish from China. Price wise they will be way cheaper than Ikeya Formula's offerings and on par quality wise. These will be for serious track day cars only so forget it for every day cars.

Rough prices so far:

Front upper arms £429

Front lower arms £572

Rear upper arms £442

Rear lower arms £455

Rear traction rods £286

Rear toe rods £416

Rear toe arms, traction rods and lower arm prices to follow.

All plus VAT. I can arrange a group buy price if there is enough interest in 5 sets.

Let me know what you think

Thanks

Paul

Edited by Paul Whiffin (see edit history)

Do you have any schematics or pics showing whats going to be done?

Not yet, just getting the quotes coming through today. They will look very similar to the Ikeya stuff though, you can see them on my website here http://garagewhifbitz.co.uk/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=2312&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53 check out there prices!

Whats the life expectancy of the rose joints? Will they be replaceable?

As above good job developing new products :)

Its hard to say really, depends on the useage, they are really meant for low mileage road cars and track use. I'll be using these on my car on the road and track so I'll soon tell you! Rose joints are all easily replaceable though of course. I'm going to go ahead and get them made anyway, the price can be reduced by about 15% if I can get 5 sets sold.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Afraid not mate, no interest from anyone whatsover so I wasn't about to sit on £8000 worth of adjustable arms unfortunately. I have had a quote from soneone else for one off stuff though which works out slightly more expensive but it does mean I dont have buy in a batch. I was going to get a set made for my own car over the winter, not just yet though. If you want something made I can get it done though of course...

• 4 years later...
If you dont fancy the Ikeya stuff you could speak to Andy Robbinson, he may make you something up, might also be worth chatting with CW ;)

Yeah cheers I will contact them and see what they can do cant hurt eh :) although if I am being honest even though what they do at AR is really top notch stuff I will probably stick with Ikeya unless AR comes in more cost effective. Still... a little bit of research wont matter :)

Do you have a good contact at AR?