The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car at Whifbitz

supraspeed

Ok just got a phone call from whifbitz as ive dropped in my car this morning. so far:

Headlights beam now fixed (was on the piss badly b4)

need new upper arm

need new bushes

need new air filter

i found out that:

has front tein suspension and blistein on the back???

turbo is a custom made system (unknown spec)

the hks goldbox will prob have to be ripped out and replaced if the fueling is out (cannot be re-mapped)

found out whats causing boot leaking

going to check air/fuel ratio tomorrow and sort out few other minor bits.

Now its going to be the expensive part me thinks after tomorrow :(

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has front tein suspension and blistein on the back???

I take it that you haven never had the car on a ramp cause that is fairly easy to spot.

Are you planning to change the suspension to make it uniform?

Whats causing the boost leak?

Now its going to be the expensive part me thinks after tomorrow :(

Normally is the case..... :(

Good luck with it.

I take it that you haven never had the car on a ramp cause that is fairly easy to spot.

Are you planning to change the suspension to make it uniform?

Whats causing the boost leak?

Normally is the case..... :(

Good luck with it.

thats the boot leak lol. arial and tiny split in rubber. easy fix.

suspension i'm not sure about yet. depends how much other bits cost first. i'm selling the car as soon as it comes out so dont wanna spend too much on it. just enough so its in a sellable condition. ive never been there when its been up on ramps :rolleyes:

Good luck, your car's in good hands with Paul though.

Did you see my housemates white UK spec while you were there?

my dad dropped it in so havent even been there yet. my dad said there were some really nice motors there though....think he's jelous :D

i'l be probably be selling my car for around the 3k mark i suppose as its going to be a pain to get rid of in this market. plus its more of a project car in my eyes as it prob needs a 6 spd putting in at some point to deal with the power. might throw it on ebay and see if anyone bites first though.

Good luck, your car's in good hands with Paul though.

Did you see my housemates white UK spec while you were there?

Has it got an Evolution Body kit on it?

Dropped mine off yesterday.

There are some very nice motors there.

Steve's is a real beast close up.

A nice Blue one was there as well

Has it got an Evolution Body kit on it?

Dropped mine off yesterday.

There are some very nice motors there.

Steve's is a real beast close up.

A nice Blue one was there as well

The white one with the evo "explosion" kit on is mine..

pauls turning it from a Auto NA to a 6spd TT wooohoooo!!

:D:d

well so far i'm already looking at £200 for a arm and prob a few hundred for the extra bits and bobs. no idea how much for the labour etc. big £££ will be if i need to replace the hks box.....god i hope not.

Just understand you get what you pay for. I quickly found getting a supe fixed on the cheap is not worth it, and now swear by taking my car to whifbitz 99% of the time. Plus they'll catch things other garages will miss, which will cost me more in the long run.

..and an R154 is not an option because...?

to be honest ive had enough with this car and just want to get a normal bpu supe. just too much to go wrong with this single and i'm not going to be able to keep putting my hand in my pocket for much longer the way work is going at the moment. after i sell this i'm laying off the fast cars for a bit so i'l be able to afford a really nice example after saving a bit longer.

was thinking of that but would prob cost a fair bit to do as i wouldn't be able to do it myself

As mentioned earlier in the thread.. mine is in whifbitz for a tt conversion so there are all (well 99%) of the bits there to put it back to a Auto na (if you don't mind a auto box?)...

If your interested talk to paul about the cost of labour and i am sure we could do a V.cheep deal on the parts out of mine!!

As mentioned earlier in the thread.. mine is in whifbitz for a tt conversion so there are all (well 99%) of the bits there to put it back to a Auto na (if you don't mind a auto box?)...

If your interested talk to paul about the cost of labour and i am sure we could do a V.cheep deal on the parts out of mine!!

cheers but i just want to start again with a new car. plus i like the idea of a different colour now....orange is a bit "look at me, look at me!" :D

Ok, just off the phone and paul has sorted out the dials, suspension arms, bushes, fuel guage and few other minor bits. Now tomorrow is the make or break day when they test the AFR... this could either mean maybe a set of new plugs...or £1000 for a new emanage system and setup. bit worried now to say the least......

Also, is it possible to turn down the boost on a single to a level it wont destroy a W58 box under full throttle?