The mkiv Supra Owners Club

bilstein problem!

tony tt

Hi folks, one of my rear bilsteins is leaking. I ordered one from bilstein and its the wrong one a totally different fit! Bilstein said it was the correct shock for the mkiv and there checking to see if there is other applications for it. Does anyone know if theres a difference between the j spec import shocks to uk spec maybe? I've a j spec import tt. thanks for any help :blink:

The bottom was different where it bolts to the wishbone?

It sounds like they've sent you a front damper instead of a rear damper.

This is pic of the OEM Bilstein dampers, front on LHS, rears on RHS.

You may also find that the Bilstein dampers you have bought are a different spec to the OEM Toyota/Bilstein dampers. In which case I would either replace both sides so they match or buy a replacement OEM Bilstein damper from Toyota instead.

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/1017/cimg00037nc.jpg

It sounds like they've sent you a front damper instead of a rear damper.

This is pic of the OEM Bilstein dampers, front on LHS, rears on RHS.

You may also find that the Bilstein dampers you have bought are a different spec to the OEM Toyota/Bilstein dampers. In which case I would either replace both sides so they match or buy a replacement OEM Bilstein damper from Toyota instead.

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/1017/cimg00037nc.jpg

Thanks nic bilstein are sending me a rear shock. They sent a front just as you said the front one they sent had an eye either end not like the picture you sent of the front ones. the rear ones in the pic is whats on the car at the moment ill see what bilstein send this time round.