The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Front Undertray with Aftermarket Bumper

SimonB

Most of the ones I see have just had it removed, tie wrapped up, or generally buggered about with. Like FMIC and the removal of the water rad air ducting, the business of undertray removal and none stock bumper fitment is something the makers casually forget to mention until it becomes obvious upon fitment. Like the air duct removal, removal of the undertray will do nothing good for aerodynamics or engine bay cooling.... It's a matter of deciding if you want the car to look and function as Toyota intended, or look different and accept this may entail many, often serious, compromises.

Guest whele

I have a front Veilside bumper fitted to my Supe.

All the front bolt holes on the engine undertray align with those on the bumper and chasis with nothing more than a little tap with a sledge hammer.

Originally posted by SimonB

For you guys that have an aftermarket front bumper, what have you done about the front undertray? I can't see how you can keep it as it bolts to the bumper, have you had a custom one made or what?

the aftermarkets normally have the holes cut for it to fit - certainly ours do

The Blitz one stops short and doesn't effect the fitting of the tray to the sides and inner wheel arch

But do fit it back on - it's there for a reason!

Although I dont go far as Chris's private Frasier's impression

'Were all dooomed - doooomed I tell ye'

:p

Originally posted by whele

I have a front Veilside bumper fitted to my Supe.

All the front bolt holes on the engine undertray align with those on the bumper and chasis with nothing more than a little tap with a sledge hammer.

Yep, Nick Martin has a genuine Veilside bumper on his, I think, that fits up with the tray fine.