The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Estimate BHP for BPU car at 0.8, 0.9,1.0 etc

dibbleyuk

Right guys i did use the search and couldnt find much really.

So maybe it hasnt been done before! :p

Anyway after blowing my gearbox last weekend i was thinking maybe i shouldnt be running my TT engine at 1.2bar with a 5 speed box :D

So what i was after is a few estimate BHP for my car running at different levels.

My mods are:

Blitz Nur spec R Exhaust System

Full 2.5" stainless decats,

FCD,

Walbro uprated fuel pump,

NGK Iridium spark plugs,

Greddy Profec B Spec 2 boost controller,

Greddy LS type front mount intercooler,

Apexi Power intake

im pretty sure thats it.

So for exsample.

0.7bar BHP??? Isnt that standard boost pressure?

0.8bar BHP???

0.9bar BHP???

1.0bar BHP???

1.1bar BHP???

1.2bar BHP???

Obviously no one car but certain but a guide would be nice also i class my car as BPU+, but is that correct looking at my mods or is it what they call ++ or +++ i wasnt sure.

Thank you.

Stock is 0.8 iirc so I would guess at 12-15bhp per .1bar maybe up to 20bhp max per .1bar

my estimation is on a stock car running around 320 @ 0.8 to 380 @ 1.2 so 60 divided the 4 increases between 0.8 to 1.2 to give a conservative'ish 15bhp :) of course some are running nearer 400+ @ 1.2bar

Edited by Tom (see edit history)

Like I said in my previous post, its russian roulette using a 5-speed on a TT car especially at BPU levels, I would have just saved the extra and got the 6-speed or Auto TT box.

If it were me and I wanted it to last I would probably put both cats back on and take it back to stock levels, but even then, there is no garauntee its going to last

Like I said in my previous post, its russian roulette using a 5-speed on a TT car especially at BPU levels, I would have just saved the extra and got the 6-speed or Auto TT box.

If it were me and I wanted it to last I would probably put both cats back on and take it back to stock levels, but even then, there is no garauntee its going to last

I have a "i need a 6speed gearbox" savings funds :D its just not doing very well at the moment.

Thats a good chunk of money just there, Without getting the 6 speed box.

How long has your N/A 5 speed box lasted?

What is you driving style?

Sorry for the mass question's. :)

Its fine mate,

My box last 4000miles running it at 1.2bar. my car to me is a toy that goes out in the evenings and weekend only, it does get driven very hard at times. So it was expected.

I plan to just enjoy it for now and carm down so i dont break it again.

Thanks very much indeed.

I have been researching the N/A - TT Conversion for a while now, And planned on getting it done this summer, But i've gone and bought a house, So i've been putting the wages on furniture, big TV's, Mortgage and general boring non car bits and bob's.

This gear box stuff is a little concerning as I am a sensible driver, But have already broken two Diff's. (Not proud of that)

Only just put a spanking new RPS street max clutch on, So i think i will go down the same route as you, But have read the mkiii supra turbo gear box is stronger than the N/A, But weaker than the 6 speed. So might look into that.

Cheers mate. :)

Small SA there...:blink: