The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Maintenance before going BPU

SJMKIV

Hey guys,

I have a '95 J-Spec 6-speed twin turbo supra RZ-S and was wanting to go BPU, eventually single. Wanted some advise from all you experts.

As the car is now 14 years old, what maintenance do you recommend I do before going the BPU way? Maintenance with key engine parts, or brake or fuelling, anything that generally you guys can recommend that wears out and would be essential to change.

As far as modifications go, I currently have a Apexi intake, RSR Cat Back exhaust (not decatted yet), Greddy tpye RS blow off valve, Blitz SBC ID boost controller.

Appreciate the Help!

SJ

the normal maintinence will be fine...

a new fuel pump is recomended as the stock is 14 years old..

also the 550 uk injektors is good... the 440 j spec will work their as off :)

a new clucth is good when going bpu.. as the stock dont have the desired pressure to the flywheel..

and new spark pluggs (i dunno what gap though)

For BPU :

You won't need 550cc injectors.

Regarding the clutch, it depends on how the car has been used. I had put a newOEM clutch on the car when I was going BPU

When going single :

there's a lot more to do ... (clutch, pump + injectors, ECU, boost controller, FMIC, turbo + accessories)

Use the search function on the forum ... you will find a lot of info on BPU and single

the thread on bpu mentions that new or ugraded injectors are needed, what are your personal opinions? Also forgot to mention, I also have the tein superstreet suspension on my car

Which thread on BPU?? Certainly not one here!

The 440's work fine with BPU, it's extremely tried and tested.

I don't know who this sypher_44 guy is but he doesn't know what he's talking about! 550's are not needed for BPU and the stock clutch works fine. It's life will be shorter of course, but provided your current one is okay there's no need to change it.

the 440 injectors is good for 440hp.... 550 injectors is good for further uppgrades as 550hp :)

i didnt mean the hole clutch.. just the clutch plate.. im not really sure what they are called in english...

it´s no good to reply 4 am... i got things mixed up..

thnx for fixing my missleading :) homer..