The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I have been driving a Ford Kuga, love the start button....

jackso11

My girlfriend has a Ford Kuga (not the old Ford Couger, the new shape Kuga) and I have been driving it for the past few days. I am loving the start button!

It is totally keyless. Key fob entry and then as long as its in your pocket you push the button on the dash to start it (with the clutch held down) and push it again to stop the car (doesn't stop it at speed).

I was wondering how hard it would be to fit this kind of start method to a Sup? Any ideas?

My girlfriend has a Ford Kuga (not the old Ford Couger, the new shape Kuga) and I have been driving it for the past few days. I am loving the start button!

It is totally keyless. Key fob entry and then as long as its in your pocket you push the button on the dash to start it (with the clutch held down) and push it again to stop the car (doesn't stop it at speed).

I was wondering how hard it would be to fit this kind of start method to a Sup? Any ideas?

Try here:- http://www.kryptonik.org/drespec/ (and by the way its spelt Cougar not Couger:eyebrows:)

Exactly, seems pointless if you still have to put a key in the dash board. I put a start button in an mx-5 years ago, looked cool (Honda S2000 esq..) but was just annoying having to put the key in, turn it on, then press the start button.

As for the power of the Kuga, the one I have been driving is a 2L T.Diesel. It is pretty qick actually, not sure on the pulling power as we haven't towed anything. Only down point I can see is it is 6 speed, maybe this helps with pulling things but when you are just driving around it really doesn't need 6 gears. Ratio in each gear is close and you end up going up and down all the time when driving around town.

They do look nice, but...as they are so new there are no 'replica' parts around yet. Someone clipped the wing mirror and bust the black plastic part and for want close to £200 to fix it!

As for the power of the Kuga, the one I have been driving is a 2L T.Diesel. It is pretty qick actually, not sure on the pulling power as we haven't towed anything. Only down point I can see is it is 6 speed, maybe this helps with pulling things but when you are just driving around it really doesn't need 6 gears. Ratio in each gear is close and you end up going up and down all the time when driving around town.

pretty useless for towing a half-a-ton horse plus a tralier then :D

its a shame, i do really like them, i think i'll let my step dad keep his discovery then :sly:

(i am 'the punishers' other half btw just so your not confused) :D

Exactly, seems pointless if you still have to put a key in the dash board. I put a start button in an mx-5 years ago, looked cool (Honda S2000 esq..) but was just annoying having to put the key in, turn it on, then press the start button.

They do look nice, but...as they are so new there are no 'replica' parts around yet. Someone clipped the wing mirror and bust the black plastic part and for want close to £200 to fix it!

First you don't have to use a key with that system from the US forum as you have a fob inyour pocket like the Ford 'PowerStart' system where you just walk up to the car the doors unlock and alarm deactivates , get in and press the button. When you stop and get out press the button again and get out walk away it auto locks once you are a certain distance from the car and the alarm resets! You can also have a timer for the turbo and it still works.

Secondly all Kuga's till this month have always only been the TDCi engine but now you can also get a 2.5T same as the Focus ST but only 200ps not the 225ps as its AWD plus 20" rims too, and either a 6spd manual or optional 5spd Durashift similar to a tiptronic

Lastly there are some bodykits etc out now from several German companies and it wont be long before cheaper replacement parts will be available

Edited by Tee from China (see edit history)