The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What wheels will i get???

Suprababe2

Seeking your advice already! lol

I love the rota torques in black chrome. What do you think, would they suit it or would i be better off with bronze/gunmetal?

If you have any other suggestions id appreciate it.

Thanks Claire

Pics of the car & black chrome torque wheel.

Budget is about 900-1000 for wheels alone, tyres sourced seperately.

Edited by Suprababe2 (see edit history)

Out of those I like the third, then first, then not really any of the others tbh. The problem with the cheaper wheels is that the price advertised is usually for 7j widths, and when you add on the extra for wider and staggered you're paying as much as you would for a half decent set of second hands off the forum/ebay/driftworks.

I quite like the one's you've on, what about getting them refurbed in a gun metal, and using the money saved to get the car a touch lower?

Then again I've 3 spokes, my opinion doesn't really mean much...

The GTLM are a beautiful wheel, but realisitically out of my price range once tyres are factored in. Have a couple of things that came up unexpectedly with the the car so the budget is now about 850 pounds. Problem is I need them for the end of March so dont have much time so save much more than that.

No, I'll be keeping the j-spec brakes realistically, no plans for big power anytime soon.

as for the re-furb : I like the wheels myself, but just sick of looking at them, I know a gunmetal would be slightly different but I just fancy a change at this stage. Also there's a chrome (was chrome) lip on them, I wouldnt imagine those being the easiest to re-furb as regards how long the lacquer would last after :(

Edited by Suprababe2 (see edit history)