The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How do i know if my O2 sensor is knackered?

Duffman

My car seems to be rough on idle...sits about 600rpm for a few minutes till warm....then if i take it a drive it'll idle about 1100rpm. Before when I started it ran about 1500rpm then dropped to 600rpm. This has all started happening after i tried to fit a Greddy BCC...which went wrong and the car was running rich for some reason...changed all the plugs for some IK22's (which were soaking). Car seems to run fine but its just this idling issue thats bugging me. Could the car running rich damage any of the sensors which could be causing this idling issue?

Try cleaning the ICV, I have no idea if it will fix it but its a good a place as any to start, or get a thor FCD and see if its better than the greddy.

Yeah i'm going to try this to start

If my O2 sensor/lamda sensor was fudged...how would I know. Also if I have to replace is it a Toyota job?

Yeah i'm going to try this to start

If my O2 sensor/lamda sensor was fudged...how would I know. Also if I have to replace is it a Toyota job?

As far as I know when the sensor is knackered the ecu adopts a default setting to keep the car running safely but I think the mpg suffers noticably because of it. So if you're pulling into petrol stations more frequently then your O2 sensor may well be shot!!

As for any other tell-tale signs I'm sure someone will be along shortly to enlighten you.:)

O2 sensor could be why you are not boosting as well, the problems could well be related

I thinkt he boosting problem could be more to do with a hose blown off, valve stuck open...hopefully I haven't blown a turbo

I may be wrong though

What kind of price are we talking for an O2 sensor from Toyota? Might be a daft question but is there only the one?