The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hello

clarey

Hi and welcome :)

You may need to expand on your question with a few more details :)

well i have been looking at tsw andteam dynamics alloys wheels 17inch, 8.0 front, 9.5 rear, but dynamics r out of stock and only do the 7.5 in equinox, what size r u running and tyre size would be good ta?:)

well i have been looking at tsw andteam dynamics alloys wheels 17inch, 8.0 front, 9.5 rear, but dynamics r out of stock and only do the 7.5 in equinox, what size r u running and tyre size would be good ta?:)

I run 18" BK racing '993' alloys Gunmetal Grey with S/S rims

Toyo Proxes T1-R 235/40/Z18 on 9" fronts & 265/35/Z18 on 9.5" rears.

The car feels very good on this wheel and tyre size but would like a wider rear to try and add more traction on launch :D

I find the Toyo Proxes T1-R or R888 tyres are very good.

The T1-R's are for daily use and give a good level of grip in the wet, but like most singles you have to give respect to the power being delivered ;)

The R888 on 10" are used on the rear with 17" rims, normally for drag runs but also on the road sometimes, again these are very grippy when warm :cool:

hello can u help with what is best wheel size and best tyre size 4 supra ta. :)

"Best" for what?

The standard setup is designed around the standard wheel sizes, discounting the laughable 16" wheels you have the following from the factory:

Front:

17x8 with a 235/45/17 tyre (ZR rated?)

Rear:

17x9.5 with a 255/45/17 tyre

You shouldn't go any smaller than that in width and if you go any larger in diameter for the wheels you need to match the rolling radius with the above. A useful tool to check this can be found in the link below:

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

On my spare 17" wheels I use 245/40/17's up front & 275/40/17's at the rear but I favour a good quality 18" alloy and run 275/35/18 at the back and 255/40/18 tyres at the front.

I wouldn't go any narrower on wheels or waste money on the kind of budget tyres some places bundle with wheel deals - aim for a Falken FK452 at the very least.

A lot of people like a lot of different makes and types of tyre, some wear quicker, some work well in the wet, others in the dry, some offer a compromise between the two. It's a tricky business but one where it's usually best to make a shortlist, buy the best you can afford and see what you think of them.