The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Can anyone recommend me a clutch for a tt 5speed please

RobD

Well looks like i've found a supra after months of looking! Hopefully picking her up next sunday! Its a 5 speed n/a at the moment but in the up and coming months before summer i plan to do an engine transplant with a tt engine, as long as keron has the engine in all i'll be needing is a decent clutch ( from what i've read!) So my question is from tt 5-speed owners opinions which is the best clutch to go for,wheres the best place to buy itand is this every thing i'm going to need to do the conversion?

Thanks rob

Was told the RPS street max or a stage 4 max puck is a decent one to go for. PM KylesTT from the states. he was going a good deal on them not sure what he could do at the mo with the pound so poor against the $$ but worth a try... this is what he sent me when I asked about it

Stage 4 Max 6 Puck for 93-98 NA Supra: MS-22522-SP

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=173186&highlight=rps

Was told the RPS street max or a stage 4 max puck is a decent one to go for. PM KylesTT from the states. he was going a good deal on them not sure what he could do at the mo with the pound so poor against the $$ but worth a try... this is what he sent me when I asked about it

thats the clutch i have in mine and i fine it great

+1 rps stage 4 max street

I have the 'stage 2 sport 6 puck SS-22522-SP' fitted to my NA-TT and i really like it, was rather hard to get used to as it seems rather light also the bitting point is really 'far up' so it is a bit of a handfull in traffic but the more i get used to it the more i like it. I also got mine from Kyle at velocity performance. :)

Surely the cost of buying an NA then converting it will far outweigh the cost of buying a nice TT straight off the bat? Especially at todays TT prices.

Not at all bought the car at a very good price, pretty sure keron said the engine was 1700 if customers wanted to fit themselves! Grand total of around 4k plus price of the clutch! Can just about scrape a tt auto for that , this way i get a manual! Not planning on big bhp so the 5 speed is more than enough for what i want , plus i got myself a project to keep me entertained!

Roll on next sunday :D

Thanks seems like a popular choice!