The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Head Gasket

supradupra

just someone competent.

second that

You got a good deal for 500, the head kit alone costs circa 170odd then you need to add for the cambelt,fluids etc... and allow for anything else to go wrong which on cars of this age could happen. Theres a fair amount to remove on a TT :(

Good point. I'm now trying to sort out a boost issue along with a heating one (hopefully related) which proir to having the head done where both perfect.

The £500 was extreme mates rates though, he did say that he would have charged a grand for someone else, still a kick in the teeth considering it was an £18 thermostat, that caused it.

Guest Jeff Lange

Yeah, unless you've done it many many times, I don't think that replacing the turbos in 5 hours is really possible, haha.

Maybe just to get them off...

Jeff

Guest john_boi

Just did my head gasket, I bought a engine seal kit from Mark at Clubna-t.com for 245 shipped. I'm taking my time with heads and all that so all together I would put it at around 12 hours or so.

Thanks everyone that gives me a better idea. Looks like it might be the time to up grade the internals if the gasket job is going to cost £1300 on its own!

When you say internals which parts? Sounds to me like its going to cost alot more If you start messing about with other things also

When you say internals which parts? Sounds to me like its going to cost alot more If you start messing about with other things also

well you may as well pull the engine out anyway its quicker than struggling with twins