The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi and Help!!

Guest fuzzchops

Guest fuzzchops

Hi,

I've just joined and am looking for advice already.

I've been a Supra owner for abt 7 years and have a 94 GZ Aerotop which I bought from JIC.It's red and is a twin turbo automatic as were all the GZ aerotops, I think.It was in original condition with rear privacy glass and visor and had done abt 65000 miles when I was rear ended by a hit and run white van recently.

The insurance co are hinting at a write off but it really depends on the valuation,which I'm finding difficult to pin down.One guy who still imports them reckoned £10/12000, somebody else suggested £7000 but it looks like the insurers are going to come in even lower.

Any of you experts got any recent experience or thoughts on what it should be worth?

Many thanks,

Fuzzchops

You may be able to get a third party insurance assessor to give you a private valuation.

If the car was mint with full history etc, in the current climate it is hard to pin a value on it. Some people are really desperate to sell, so do, well below market value to free up cash. This in turn deflates the market. All high road tax cars have seen big drops in value the past 12 months.

£10K/£12K sounds very optomistic, £7K/£8K might be achieveable, be be prepared to get offered £5K/£6K. You will need to be able to trawl the for sale threads looking for cars that sold recently and see if the buyers are willing to let you know the sale price, build your case from there.

If they do offer a silly price see if you can buy it back and break the car for spares.

Welcome to the Club and good luck.