The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Took car for mot.. this is what happened!! ouch

TRACIE_LOU

The other week we took our car to QSD for its mot... as is the usual for these things we waited patiently for a phone call to pick it up and find out the outcome...

About lunch time we got a call from steve saying there was good news and bad news!!... the car had passed its mot!! BUT..

As the mot guy was driving my soop onto the ramp somehow the ramp plate flicked up and hit my front bumper and CRACKED IT!!

We had to wait a few hours to go and have a look and check it out, i have never been so quiet didnt know how to react as i understand accidents happen but gutted at same time..

Steve was great when we got there, said that as it was in his care at the time he would pay for the damage and put it right, this is where i got worried tho, its a lambo orange paint and very concerned it wouldnt match etc.

Luckily keron still had some of the paint left over from when we had the car sprayed, we took that over to the painter that steve uses and once again waited for him to call saying it had been done.

Couple of days later he phoned and we went to see it, BUT i wasnt happy amd wasn't sure what to say, you see one half of the bumper was nice new looking and painted the other side now looked naff! i beleive there was a communication error between steve and the painter as to what needed doing..

Is all i wanted was my car back looking nice. not looking odd like it did.. so obvious that half a bumper was new looking.

Any way spoke to steve and he said he'd get it all to match and if i still wasn't happy he would put it through his insurance for a new bumper and spray etc..

Have car back now looks good much better!! so thanks to steve for putting my car right!

Dont think i ever want to leave my car now for fear of what may happen..

Atleast it was all dealt with in a friendly manner, thats the main thing..

cracked 068.jpg

fernando's baptism 045.jpg

fernando's baptism 043.jpg

Glad we got there in the end. :)

The MOT guy we use is very harsh, but understanding when it comes to Supras as we put so many through so we werent too hard on him. The run up to his ramp broke when he drove your car on and the corner flicked up and smacked the bumper. :rolleyes:

Then it had one shiney new side, and one stone chipped side. It was ok if you stood on the left. :D

Glad we got there in the end. :)

The MOT guy we use is very harsh, but understanding when it comes to Supras as we put so many through so we werent too hard on him. The run up to his ramp broke when he drove your car on and the corner flicked up and smacked the bumper. :rolleyes:

Then it had one shiney new side, and one stone chipped side. It was ok if you stood on the left. :D

lol yes one sided car! i was never quite sure exactly how it had happened other than it bieng something to do with the ramp!!

Either way steve was great at sorting it out and very friendly which is most important as so many things like these cause hassle and arseyness!:D