The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is running in TTC safe?

Chris and Alana

I seem to have a problem with my IACV vsv and as a result I beleive I could be overspeeding No.1 turbo when giving it the beens. Obviously now I know what the problem is I wont be driving hard in sequential mode. However, I tried TTC mode to help diagnose my fault and although I do prefere the way it is meant to work (sequential operation) I can still use the full potential of my supra in TTC mode as it by-passes the IACV vsv.

Anyway, I was wondering if it does any harm to the car running in TTC mode (using the by-passing of the vsv method) using the stock ECU.

Hi hodge, thanks for the offer :) I was just going to put it in TTC mode as temp solution to prevent any damage to the turbo's but still have the car useable. I do prefer the sequential set up and I do want the problem sorted and I am convinced it is the IACV vsv being itermittant. I spoke to another member on here who had an intermittant IACV vsv and he had the same intermittant boost problems as me so Im sure Im on the right track :)

The TTC mod was only until I get a new vsv but I just wanted to know if any damage will be caused to the turbos or the engine running TTC for a couple a weeks to a month. I know the ECU cannot control the fuelling too well for TTC mode and I know one of the actuators rattle a little but will any unwanted damage be caused from incorrect fueling, rattling actuator and the different operation of the turbo's. The pressure tank will also be under alot more stress although if it is in good nick I think that should be ok.

Thanks for the help and the reply's guy's

When i bought my sup my second turbo was not coming in fully, so me and my bro decided to try TTC and it turned out to be the plugs.

But i left it TTC for age's after as i liked the way all the power came in together, i even did the suprapod and ran a tidy 12.8 at 114mph with normal road tyres on at 1.3 as mine is uk they will run at this but for how long lol.