The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bloody Pot Holes

Gerry

Just cleaned the car (yes I know, out at 7.30am car cleaning so my wifey can take it out clean) what a moron I am :blink:

and discovered a massive dent in a front Ultalight rim, can't belive the tyre is still inflated !

Then I remembered coming home from training late Tuesday night I hit a HUGE pothole at speed :(

The roads round here are even more crap than usual following the recent frosts.

Suppose we've made a fair bit of money since Xmas repairing peoples machines that had frost damage, so what goes around, comes around :Pling:

Lovely day for a blast as well :(

Will be giving Ibrar a call on Monday...

http://www.potholes.co.uk - if it's still there grab a photo and some measurements and get a claim in.

Thanx for the link, but I've done this before, including risking death by kneeling in the road with a ruler being photographed :)

and all i got for my time was a curt letter back from the councils solicitor saying basically "tough" :(

That time is really wrecked a wheel on my daughters car and hurt her wrist badly as the steering wheel wrenched round on impact.

What can't help is the massive tanks (Army) that plod around Warminster, I followed (slowly) a convoy yesterday that were knocking lumps out of the kerb as they went.

Thanx for the link, but I've done this before, including risking death by kneeling in the road with a ruler being photographed :)

and all i got for my time was a curt letter back from the councils solicitor saying basically "tough" :(

That time is really wrecked a wheel on my daughters car and hurt her wrist badly as the steering wheel wrenched round on impact.

What can't help is the massive tanks (Army) that plod around Warminster, I followed (slowly) a convoy yesterday that were knocking lumps out of the kerb as they went.

Did they use the line that "Legally, the road was inspected in the last 12 months and therefore the council weren't responsible for the damage?"

I had this and dropped my persuit of the claim as I was in a company car and it wasn't actually my money.....:rolleyes: This was about 5 years ago and caused about £300 worth of damage to my Renault Laguna.

I would now persue this to the max as I think they are bullshitting people into dropping the claim. I would love to go to court and see what a magistrate says.....;)

H.

Guest sleeping giant

Potholes are a piss take,i think the government would be able to resurface every road in britain with all the tax money they get, where i live is a joke some roads are like your driving on the moon.

When i was living at warminster, i rang up the local road maintence company,

There were signs all over the road and notified them.

I then went and took loads of pics of the road, and the potholes and then rang the council

They tried the "it's not our road, it's MOD property" bu***it.

I just kept pestering them.

They eventually fixed all the potholes and sent me a cheque for £2500

It only took me 2 months to sort out

When i was living at warminster, i rang up the local road maintence company,

There were signs all over the road and notified them.

I then went and took loads of pics of the road, and the potholes and then rang the council

They tried the "it's not our road, it's MOD property" bu***it.

I just kept pestering them.

They eventually fixed all the potholes and sent me a cheque for £2500

It only took me 2 months to sort out

:) Goes to find camera :D

Here are the contact details for local council road repairs

Contact Details

By Post

Customer Care Unit

Wiltshire County Council

County Hall

Bythesea Road

Trowbridge

Wiltshire

BA14 8JN

By Email

[email protected]

By Telephone

01225 713000

By Fax

01225 713145

Taken off this website

http://www.wiltshire.gov.uk/potholes-road-maintenance.htm

a m8 of mine at work tried to claim when he hit a very large pot hole,it broke the alloy on his m3 bmw in half he took lots of pics.

when he went to the council they told him he could only claim if they knew about it and it was marked in yellow paint apparently they then have a set amount of time to effect the repairs

he was passed from one department to another until he gave up cost him over a grand with some minor suspention damage.funny thing is i hit the same bloody one on me way home that same night :(