The mkiv Supra Owners Club

0-60 question

supraspeed

ok i was wondering people with bpu, single etc, what are around the average 0-60 figures of a tuned supe. iirc its around 4.9 (back in the day) for a 6spd tt so was wondering taking everyones driving style, tyres, trac con, etc, what would be a ballpark figure for a tuned one say 400bhp 450bhp and 500bhp. obviously singles depend on turbo spool setup etc but 0-60 is thrown around a lot now days and wondered if it made a huge difference off the mark in a tuned supe. :)

On normal roads with normal road tyres its not the power that holds the 0-60 back. From stock to single turbo, without all the fancy gizmo's and tyres they will all manage around 5 seconds.

I would say they would all be within 0.5 seconds of each other regardless of power. "Street" supra's aren't about 0-60, its what these machines can do after 60 that puts the smile on your face.

When you're on most roads you won't be able to do this (built up area etc) When you get to 60, legally, will you stop and go no faster?

All in all- pointless.

Come one... what happened to Lbm the street racer? collecting pink slips and the like... driving hard and living life to the full!

I think you've lost your 'wild man of the road' attitude these days.... and I think it's a real shame.

Come one... what happened to Lbm the street racer? collecting pink slips and the like... driving hard and living life to the full!

I think you've lost your 'wild man of the road' attitude these days.... and I think it's a real shame.

I know I have the fastest car on the forum, and I am by far the best driver, but those wild days are over brother. It's time to let these young cats through man.

cheers for the info people. the singles fun after 60mph but who really can use that power all the time in everyday driving without reaching stupid speeds dangerously..apart from the motorway. just wondering if my next supe should be bpu or a well done single. i like the idea of huge bhp but not sure about the lack of power in 1st and 2nd gear, where as bpu seems to be straight from the off for quick starts and generally sounds more fun around town etc

Guest dangerousandy

Hmmm, when my torque converter is playing ball, I know my BPU'd UK Auto is quick enough off from traffic lights to see off all the local boy racers, even those with Focus ST's............! I even owned a Z4M Coupe (but only just!)

I got a recorded 4.9 sec with my 6sp GT4088R, I have no quarms it could do a lot better, but my technique is terrible & it is soooooo harsh on the drivetrain I didn't want to break something practicing :D

Once I get my 18's on this year I'll do some more practicing & see if I can get under 4.5, I either bog down or wheelspin, 1st gear was the hardest, with no TC it was very hard to get the power down, I think I need a proper geometry setup

Edited by jevansio (see edit history)

Fit some R888's and a decent GEO setup and you can hold your own with the best of them, with 600bhp i get no wheel spin even in first gear when the tyres are up to temp.

The 997 turbo is Phenomenal at 0-62, and thats with 19's and low profule tyres. British roads are turd and a 500+ lb/ft rear wheel drive car just can't out launch something like a 997 turbo imho.:)

The 997 turbo is Phenomenal at 0-62, and thats with 19's and low profule tyres. British roads are turd and a 500+ lb/ft rear wheel drive car just can't out launch something like a 997 turbo imho.:)

Bit unfair comparing to a car that costs as much as a 997 turbo but i would still fancy my chances.

It's the auto that's actually the fastest for the 1st time isn't it? What is it 4.2 or something? I guess a 4.9 with no TC in a manual RWD doesn't seem too bad when compared with 4.2 from an auto 4WD with full traction assist :)

Edited by jevansio (see edit history)