The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra TT or GT4

supraspeed

Ok my supra is prob going to whifbitz next week to fix some problems then off to be sold straight away. Now.... I was looking to get a Celica 205 GT4...BUT, i really like supras (not mine) so much that if i got one it would have to be a TT 6spd. Problem is i want a good one and seen a few from whifbitz for sale which generally look well maintained and in good condition. bit pricey but i need to get something good and reliable....but still blistingly quick ;)

looks like i'm goin to get out a loan anyway for the next car but i could prob stretch to that kind of money for a tt. is there much difference in the way of performance of the GT4 compared to the supra, as the supra obviously has the edge on looks and performance but i haerd the gt4 is also a corker. is it worth being in debt for a supra or less of a debt for a gt4? really uncertain about both now :(

ok i agree about the whole de value car issue but to be quite honest i'm not being affected by the credit crunch at all. i live at home and dont pay a lot of rent lol. my jobs safe and i can afford to repay a loan. unless theres something else i'm missing...wouldn't be the first time lol. just with low supra prices i thought i might get a good deal on one during this current climate

ok i agree about the whole de value car issue but to be quite honest i'm not being affected by the credit crunch at all. i live at home and dont pay a lot of rent lol. my jobs safe and i can afford to repay a loan. unless theres something else i'm missing...wouldn't be the first time lol. just with low supra prices i thought i might get a good deal on one during this current climate

Cars can quickly get you into big debts if you're a petrolhead.

Just keep your Supra and dont shell out anymore.

Cars can quickly get you into big debts if you're a petrolhead.

Just keep your Supra and dont shell out anymore.

ive spent more cash on my supra than buying another supra!!! its a pit of problems and its time to start again with something that hasn't be fucked around by japs with unconventional tuning methods. I'd rather buy something reliable than put mor £££ into mine

Get it sorted. Pay the bill. Enjoy your car for a good few years.

Its a slippery slope. Thats all I'm going to say.

enjoyable would be the last thing i would describe my car as. if i had a 6spd box and a few k lying around i might do something about it but i dont and thats one of the hundreds reasons why its going. plus its not fair to my mates to keeep relying on them for lifts everywhere :D

Both cars have their pros and cons. Having had both, the supra is the better car in performance and looks. For economy and practical space the gt4 wins. It is a question of what you require v. what you want to drive. In the end you decide. For me the celica was no substitute to even my current NA. So you drive both and decide is my tip.

ok i but to be quite honest i'm not being affected by the credit crunch at all. i live at home and dont pay a lot of rent lol. my jobs safe and i can afford to repay a loan...

Are you absolutely sure your job is safe? I wasn't aware of this concept- however you'd know more than me regarding the particulars :)

He sells banana's mate, he's safe as long as your around :p

*puts more serious hat on* My wife's job is actually pretty safe, she is an "early years worker" (nursery nurse to you and me) and she reckons that kids will always need looking after.

Fair point i spose, with more and more of us going on the dole what else will there be to do all day ;)