The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi from a SAAB guy!

Guest Orca

Hi guys! I'm an incurable SAAB nut (well, someone has to be, I suppose), but I've got itchy feet.

For a long time I have adored wedge shaped Japanese cars and the MK3 was very much going to be my next car. As the years have gone by, that has become less and less a good prospect ... and so ... I'm now on the hunt for a perfect MK4 to replace my ever trusty, but aging Classic SAAB 900.

Here she is, BTW:

... hey ... guess what ... I want a white Supra MK4. I'm actually after an automatic and probably the normally aspirated in the first instance. I'm still making my mind up and what's out there might dictate what I end up buying.

I've done a lot of research already and this forum already seems to be answering a lot of the other questions I have. I'll enjoy reading up on this awesome marque and hope to show you guys that I've bought a good one soon enough.

Cheers :)

PS ... anyone want to swap? ;)

Sounds like a good time to look at swapping away from Saab, I just heard they had filled a request to be kept safe from thier creditors.

Will survive the credit crunch ?

Interesting looking car there !

Pleased you have seen the light :)

Cheers

G

Thanks for the welcome, guys - yeah, louvres are a '70s thing and kind of work on my '80s car. As for SAAB, well for me they died back in 1990, so I couldn't give a flying one what's happening to them at the moment.

The only appendage I have seen that I like on the MK4 is a little extra spoiler that sits at roof level above the rear windscreen. Everything else, I just want it stock, standard and as Toyota intended. So no worries, I won't be turning it into some confused Japanese Mustang ;)

I had a SAAB 900, did my courting in it. The space in the back was huge ;)

Is this a thing with Saabs? I had more sex in my Saab 9000 than I've had in any other car. I think I almost 'invented' dogging in it :)

Maybe we're barking up the wrong tree with our Supras? The ladies clearly love a more angular Swedish vehicle.

Edited by Mike (see edit history)

Yeah, there's loads of room in the back of a 9000. How wide is that car? ... but Classic 900s are the ultimate shag pad :p

http://c900se.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/husbil.jpg

I think these guys take their retro-ride dogging very seriously :blink:

http://c900se.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/caravaning-saab-style-002.jpg

Kind of in serious ... what are Supras like for the occasional overnighter? Duvet in the back, push the front seats forward - uncomfortable, but would it work? I have to say, the old Slaab is pretty comfortable.