The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Export a supra

manolaq

Hello guys,

I've been here for a while but I didn't have the chance to post (cause I don't have a supra yet...:p) I live in Greece and I think its time to get a supra. The problem is that I have to pay too much money (as I mentioned a while ago http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=161725 ) to get Greek plates. For a TT supra you have to pay about 25.000euro only for plates... This occurs because it's an old car and it is euro2 emissions category. This is calculated by multiplying the price of the car with 334%. ex 7500euro x 334% = 25000euro!!!!!!!!!!! And I thought I should buy a N/A J spec supra.

So... I talked with a guy in customs and he told me to give him the v5c document in order to get a quote from him. But I don't have one. I searched on the internet, because I had never seen a v5c and found this http://www.mgf.ultimatemg.com/group1/info/car_tax/images/v5c_large.JPG

When I buy the car on the field "date of first registration" will be the date of first registration in Japan? ex 25 05 1994 or the day it imported in UK?

Excuse my English....:)

Guest johnnie

In my case (Exporting to Thailand) they would look at date of 1st registration which is in Japan but I am not sure about your case though.

The older the car the less the tax you'll have to pay :-)

Actually here in Greece older cars pay more than newer cars... For example if you want to import a car and it is more than 2000cc you pay 50% of it's value if it is euro4, 142% if its euro3, 334% if it is euro2 or euro1 and 342% if it is without cat.... That's why I am looking to buy a N/A supra it is cheaper...

That's nice... If the first registration date is the import date then I will have problems, because the import tax is calculated by taking the wholesale price of the car the first year that it was on road (ex. 15000euro) then adding an discount depending on the years it on road( 1st year 6% 2nd year 5% etc) then you multiply this number with 50% or 142% or 334% depending on the emissions category...

Ex a euro2 car with first registration on 1996 has 70% discount on the wholesale price because it old.

15000-70% x 334% = 15000 tax

Now if this car is originally on road on 1996 but the first reg is 2001 the discount is 45% but it remains on euro2 cat.

15000-45% x 334% = 27000 tax

Hello Lbm,

Yes I did and I found only from an MG... I want from a supra n/a to get a quote from customs tomorrow. As I mentioned above I am interested for the make, model, date of registration. I don't need personal info, VIN, engine code. Also a friend of mine told me that on the first page in field 3 says "Declared manufactured 'year' ". This will help also.

A friend of mine gave me his v5c and I got a quote from customs to import the car to Greece... His car was imported in 2001 in UK...

Anyway 29.500euro if the first registration is 2001, 20.000euro if the first registration is 1994....:(:(:(:(:(:(

I am going to get a second quote because I think it's too much, I calculated around 11.500euro...

P.S. Don't come to Greece with your car......

• 2 weeks later...

Hello again,

I got a new quote for 12.500euro which is ok for me... Does any one know the procedure to buy a car? I mean what papers I have to fill and have with me. Here in Greece they want the car registration paper and a receipt to know how much I bought the car. I found a document called v561. Do I need this too?

Thanks in advance!