The mkiv Supra Owners Club

looking to buy...

Lurch

Hello, I am still looking to buy a supra. Been about 6 months now. lol. I'm looking at one at the moment.. What does people think about this spec...

You will not find another supra with this spec for this price

THIS IS MY TOYOTA SUPRA 635 BHP THIS CAR HAS HAD A LOT OF MONEY PUT INTO IT

AND HAS HAD KNOW EXSPENCE SPARED IN THE MAKEING OF IT

THIS CAR IS MY PRIDE AND JOY AND I REALLY DONT WANT TO SELL BUT STARTING FAMILY FORCES SALE AS I NEED SOMETHING BIGGER AND I WILL PX IF THERES SOMETHING I LIKE THIS CAR IS WORTH 13K EASY SO NO SILLY OFFERS IN THE SUMMER AND IN A GOOD MARKET COULD GET 17000

IT HAS GOT 147000 MILES ON THE CLOCK BUT

IT HAS HAD A ENGINE REBUILD 5000 MILES AGO COSTING £10,000 i will also leave the number plate on the car

HERES THE FULL SPEC

ENGINE:

RINGS

MAIN BEARINGS

BIG END BEARINGS

OIL PUMP

POLISHED HEAD CROWER 272 CAMS

UNORTHODOX PULLEYS CATCH TANK

AIR CON REMOVED

INTAKE TRACTION REMOVED AND POLISHED

STAINLESS EXHAUST MANIFOLD

HKS FILTER

NEW FUEL LINES TWIN FEED FUEL RAIL

EARLS FITTINGS

PRECISION 800CC INJECTORS

AEM PRESSURE REGULATOR

AEM ECU

WATER/METH INJECTION

REMOTE OIL FLITER RELOC

HKS TWIN OIL COOLERS WITH POLISHED 8" ELECTRIC FANS

PWR ALLOY RAD WITH POLISHED ELETRIC FANS

3.5MAP SENSOR

HKS DLI

TURBO GT35R

HARD PIPE KIT

AUTO GEAR BOX

SUSPENSION

TEIN MONO FLEX

IN CAR ADJUSTABLE

BRAND NEW ARMS BUSHES,DROP LINKS ETC WAS POLISHED

OTHER BITS;

INOVATIVE MOTORSPORT DIGITAL WIDEBAND

HKS GUAGES

EXT TEMP,FUEL PRESSURE, OIL PRESSURE AND OIL TEMP

APEXI AVCR BOOST CONTROLLER

ALL GUAGES BLENDED INTO DASH

HKS SILVER 200 MPH SPEEDO AND CLOCKS

SONEY BLUETOOTH CD HEADUNIT

INIFINTY FRONT AND REAR SPEAKERS

CLIIFORD G5 ALARM

HID HEAD LIGHTS 8000W

20" WHEELS TOYO PROXIS

DIFF:

TRD LIMITED

NEW BEARINGS CROWN AND PINION

NEW SEALS

NEW OIL COOLER

NEW PIPING

SHELL:

ALL GLASS REMOVED... NEW WINDSCREEN

BARE METAL RESPRAY

ALL RUST TREATED AND REMOVED

TREATED WITH RUST STOPER

3 COATS OF PRIMER

2 COATS OF 2K UNDER SEAL

4K VEILSIDE BODY KIT SMOOTHED INTO THE CAR AND SPRAYED CANDY RED COST ANOTHER 4K

BRAND NEW CALIPERS FRONT AND REAR WITH LOGOS

BRAND NEW GROOVED VENTED BREMBO DISCS

GOODRIDGE SYAINLESS HOSES

NEW BRAKES LINES THROUGH OUT

HKS 5" EXHAUST FULL THROUGH

To me and what little knowledge I have of supra's it all sounds pretty good. But just thought I'd post on here for a bit of advise. Obviously I cant really believe the bhp figures. Cheers. Any help welcome. :search:

I asked him if he's got any proof of the engine rebuild and if he can prove the bhp. This is the reply I got...

"hi there i have loads of receipts for the car a folder about 3inches thick i bought the car as it is i dnt realy know to much about them i just wanted a car that could do 200 mph and it is a flying machine i have only done about 4000 miles in the car and the only problem i have had is the battery going flat there is know dyno print out i could get one done all i know is that i raced a ferri 360 and caned it thanks"

You do know what this car will be like in 12 months time, don't you? Are you good with filler and a spray gun? These "blended" arches will try and detach themselves. Last time I looked on Ebay it was up at about 8k, which I think is already far more than enough assuming you actually like the look of the thing. If it was here the wife would give me the RTB routine ;)

To me it currently looks like a high mileage over priced money pit, and at 13K (which it won't make), it looks like someone should be certified :)

ive seen that car before...

Forgive me if im being a MASSIVE asshole here...

But you come across as someone who doesn't know a great deal about cars (or supras) in general. Just by some of the things you have said, which makes me think you should think again about buying a big single conversion. Especially one with 600bhp on a stock autobox with 20" wheels.

The car is very cheep for all its listed mods, its expensive paintwork etc. And i don't believe he its worth what he says it is.

I would steer clear. Id also put my money on it being an XS power turbo/kit aswell :p

But thats just me. And appologies if i have offended you. It wasnt intended that way. Just trying to help out.

Added to that who buys/builds a 600bhp car and then DOESNT dyno it?

Edited by Guigsy (see edit history)

Well I do know a bit about cars. Thats why I wanted to ask on here about it because it seemed too good to be true sort of thing. I dont know too much about single turbo supras. Only what I've researched on here. the auto box was going to be converted to manual thats why I wasn't bothered about it not having an autobox oil cooler. I didnt know that 20's would be a problem with handling though. And if it went any further from here I would of taken someone that knows alot more about them than me and also wanted to look a bit more into the proof of mods and rebuild ect. But as I've asked on here and got decent advise I don't need too take it and further.

FWIW my take on getting a single turbo MKIV that works properly:

A: Buy a stock car, spend 20k plus on it, build a reliable, properly specced, properly mapped thing with associated upgrades to match the power.

B: Buy one that's already been done, that has been around and known to have run reliably for at least a year and maybe 10k miles. If you can see one driven hard all day on a track day, and it doesn't come home on a rope, or on a trailer, the manifold's not blowing or fallen off, and it's not smoking like a sailor in the Woodbine factory, then that's even better a test. These have had the owner go through "A", so rarely come up for sale, and when they do they get snapped up.

C: Buy a cheap one, half done in a half baked way, or one with unknown reliability history. Regret it within a month, price up fixing it up and go back to A or B.

D: Wishful thinking, don't go there, whatever the idea is....

Edited by Chris Wilson (see edit history)

I'm with Chris's D)

but there is a decent 'looking' facelift auto single on autotrader (dash/steering wheel main pic) at a reasonable(?) price £8995

It doesn't fit into Chris's B) category, more into its own category of fresh import/unknown quantity but the parts (at least its advertised as having) look high quality.......

I can't say too much on this yet, but if thats the candy red UK car the club admin has received two seperate mails from members of the public warning thats it's a wreck & bascially knackered.

more details will be posted *if* we can verify anything

Edit -just checked the reg number supplied and it matches the reports we had.

i love the nice warm feeling you get inside when your right :p

Ive baught 2 supras. The first one was off autotrader. I had no idea why it hadn't sold it was a bloody minter owned by a retired bloke. Baught it when i knew nothing but the guide on here (which i didnt follow most of to be honest!). I guess i got lucky with it but then more often than not a dog is blatantly obvious!

Second car was from a member on here. i turned up and it was obvious just looking at it without speaking to the owner it had been well looked after. Gleaming and shiny with perfect paint and for a car with decent miles it went perfectly.

I just home my next buy is as lucky :p