The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Brand Spangly New Turbos......

Suprash

I just got a quote for brand spanking new stock turbos :innocent:

£1500

Each :blink::blink::blink:

Is Steve Manley still doing us a discount, if so, how much discount does he usually give lol.

Or does anyone have any other suggestions on the best route to take if you wanted to buy new or nearly new stock turbos, of course not going down the buying a second hair pair that someone has just taken off their 100,000 mile car.

I was shocked at Toyotas price, I would have expected £1800 for the pair, but not £1500 each.......:(

Im now a little torn on what to do lol....

Im not going single, so thats not even an option......

And at the end of the day, 3k is cheaper then a single kit, and probably still a more reliable and less of the road time setup.

Remember Im not paying for power here, Im paying for reliability and well partly more power, I suspect my Hybrids are leaking again and due to valve stem seals she is only feeling around stock power anyway, so even new stocks, wound up, will still be a massive improvement on her.

But is it dig deep for new, or maybe try and get a good set of mileage second hand ones?

Ash, give Toyoda Tech a call. Stuart built me some hybrid re-builds fully fitted and warranted for £2000. Much stronger than my old ones. Plus they stood by them when they failed shortly after fitting and did it all over again at no cost to me. Very happy with the end result.

Alright Ash,

Dunno if it's of any interest to you but I've still got the VVTi turbos I bought from Gav when my white Tip blew its engine. It turned out the existing turbos were OK so I never fitted Gav's ones.

They were 30-odd K miles he said. I think I paid £295 for them at time (little demand for stockers back then, it was full-on Everyone's Going Single season at the time)

If you want them mate, you can have 'em for whatever you're willing to pay - I'm never going to need them now.

Alright Ash,

Dunno if it's of any interest to you but I've still got the VVTi turbos I bought from Gav when my white Tip blew its engine. It turned out the existing turbos were OK so I never fitted Gav's ones.

They were 30-odd K miles he said. I think I paid £295 for them at time (little demand for stockers back then, it was full-on Everyone's Going Single season at the time)

If you want them mate, you can have 'em for whatever you're willing to pay - I'm never going to need them now.

Thats very kind of you.

Alright Ash,

Jake, thanks mate, thats another option, the cheapest option so far.

I might just do that, my only other alternative I was looking at, is what something Toyta GT mentioned.

They have been looking into a small single to replace the OEM turbos, using a T3 Garret Turbo (is that right), cast manifold from the US, the small single making around 450, which is what I originally wanted, wont need no fueling, wont need an ECU, James said ball park of 2k. He said he could the turbo made and tailored so it would pratically mimick the the stocks, all bar the sequential side, but this is the only other alternative I would consider.

How you been anyway mate, hows life at Visa these days, everyone still there, I must pop down and see you lot soon, if you'll let me on site, I'll bring the truck with both cars on so you can see them both, Supra is finally finished body wise and you havent seen the little Nissan yet, or the truck, so we'll hit all 3 in one go lol ;)

You been at Greenford much mate, Im literally a stone throws away, so we should hook up, if even for quick lunch break

Ash, give Toyoda Tech a call. Stuart built me some hybrid re-builds fully fitted and warranted for £2000. Much stronger than my old ones. Plus they stood by them when they failed shortly after fitting and did it all over again at no cost to me. Very happy with the end result.

I shall get a quote for more options, thanks Ark ;)

Guest dangerousandy
Wait till you ask how much for the active spoiler plastic blade, just the blade not the whole assembley...

I believe the whole assembly is around £3k!! unless the bloke in Octagon Toyota parts department was having me on! But I had just bought a N/S door speaker off him at a discounted £130 inc VAT (rrp is £145 + Vat)