The mkiv Supra Owners Club

my new boot build

fruity_south

firstly please feel free to move this elsewhere if you see fit to.

After being tuely inspired my Blackies boot build i was really upset to hear he wasnt doing them anymore. After alot of searching around and not finding anywhere able to match it for price i thought i would give it a go myself. started on monday finnished today.

This is what my old boot use to look like.

Pretty boring i must admit, though there was alot to try and fit into the same style as blackies old ones including (not pictured) a relocated battery it took alot of planning and a pretty tight fit. These pics show the progress of the build.

Monday

sorted out the base and sides.

and then the middle section.

first trial fit, you may notice amps and the battery moving around as i kept finding that the boot lid would hit on some objects.

attempt two

Tuesday

cut the top (lid) to shape

and then shaped it for the nos can

trial fit

i then went and leathered it.

Wednesday

fitting it back in and wiring it all up

The finnished item

im pretty happy with it. was a pain wrapping the leather around the cut out for the nos can but we got there in the end.

Thanks to Blackie for the encouragement to do it myself and the email supports. hope you apporve.

how can she not like it, is she on drugs or something. my g/f loves the supra, one of the main reasons i bougt one.

to be honest jamie its not that heavy as i already said i can lift it in and out on my own with all the amps, sub and nos can attached to it and im a pretty weak guy, no mister mussel or worlds strongest man here.