The mkiv Supra Owners Club

About a car for sale

Kaamos

Hi all

Does one of you know about this car ?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/847551.htm

I may be interested but I wondered if someone around here had some info, feeling, advise, whatever :D

best to go and check it first..

or you can pay us to go and inspect and handle the sale for you and also negotiate discount on the car ???

if your interested

http://www.jm-imports.co.uk

Alright, let's answer step by step :

>>> Jurgen, PM me and offer.

And.. sorry but no, as far as I know, importing a J-spec here is not the same than importing an UKspek; regardless to the V5, it's all about the VIN number.

We could open a specific thread about this if need be.

>>>Snooze, yes, J-spec can get very nightmare-ish to register here in France

>>>Michael, I must agree, those rims aren't especially pretty... but they have stock-sized tyres which is necessary for french registration... therefore my quest for stock-sized wheels in the parts/wanted area, because I'm also after other cars from the classified area, but they (almost) never have stock tyres....

Tidy, but J-Spec (and expensive IMO). I believe you'll need the lights and seatbelts converting. Something to do with the labels on them, I think. ;)

Says "Full converted to UK spec". Do you really believe that?

Think they changed the tubbies too? :D

How can you not trust a garage? there the most honest people alive :D my garage told me nothing goes wrong with Supra's and the car I was buying was perfect, he'd give me 12months warranty its that reliable. a month later check all my problem posts :D

Dean

>>>Michael, I must agree, those rims aren't especially pretty... but they have stock-sized tyres which is necessary for french registration... therefore my quest for stock-sized wheels in the parts/wanted area, because I'm also after other cars from the classified area, but they (almost) never have stock tyres....

Indeed, one of the stumbling blocks in my attempts to sell my car to people in France seems to be the 18" alloys, sadly the 17" ones I have in the garage don't have standard sized tyres on either.

Something I might have to address at some point to assist with a sale.

Alright, let's answer step by step :

>>> Jurgen, PM me and offer.

And.. sorry but no, as far as I know, importing a J-spec here is not the same than importing an UKspek; regardless to the V5, it's all about the VIN number.

We could open a specific thread about this if need be.

>>>Snooze, yes, J-spec can get very nightmare-ish to register here in France

i have sold 6 j-spec cars to france....(registering cars is who and what you know)

and we have R34 j spec going there in march too..

Well I dindn't say it was impossible to register a J-spec car in France, only that it was much more complicated and can get VERY long and pricy under some circumstances, so as I don't want my supe to be 5 months on a trailer waiting for a stamp, I think I'll go for a UK-spec that needs almost no paperwork as long as it's more or less stock (mainly regarding tyres and the exhaust which must have at least one of the 2 cats left).

Well I dindn't say it was impossible to register a J-spec car in France, only that it was much more complicated and can get VERY long and pricy under some circumstances, so as I don't want my supe to be 5 months on a trailer waiting for a stamp, I think I'll go for a UK-spec that needs almost no paperwork as long as it's more or less stock (mainly regarding tyres and the exhaust which must have at least one of the 2 cats left).

well if you need my help even getting a UK car let me know.

Indeed, one of the stumbling blocks in my attempts to sell my car to people in France seems to be the 18" alloys, sadly the 17" ones I have in the garage don't have standard sized tyres on either.

Strange - mine was sold over there with 19s on - didn't seem to be an issue.