The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Redline Ten Of The Best 3

Gaz Walker

Was asked to post this by TOTB...

Redline Ten Of The Best 3 - Announcement - General Release

It's our pleasure once again to invite you all to Redline Ten of the Best 3. The event takes place again at Elvington aerodrome on Sunday the 1st August 2004. Redline magazine and Japanese Performance will be supporting the event and once again TOTB will be televised in September 04.

We are pleased to announce that a few new clubs have come forward for 2004, in addition to those who took part in Redline TOTB2. This means that the event entry list is already full provisionally, and also that a few new marques will be competing alongside existing entries. (MR2, Fiat Coupe Club, plus Skylineowners.com).

We still have limited room available for suitable cars that are not part of an existing club/group/team. Performance car Tuners are also able to apply to compete, either as part of one of the Team entries or as individuals, subject to approval and spaces.

The competitor entry forms with details are available from this week on the Official Redline TOTB website.

http://www.totb.co.uk

Spectator ticket prices are held at last years price and are available in advance at £15, or alternatively can be purchased on the gate on the day from 9am onwards at £20 per person. There are no limits on spectating numbers on the day. All event and Ticket details for spectators are on http://www.totb.co.uk for online or phone orders for advance tickets.

This year we are pleased to announce a Trade display area, and a new Redline Results and Information Centre. All competitors, team reps and spectators will be able to get up-to date results and leaderboards throughout the day via the Information centre, as well as a programme of the day. A top speed viewing area will be available again, accessed by a site bus, as well as an expanded and improved pitlane viewing area. Stunt/demo driving displays will be run during any event breaks and at the end of qualifying at 3.30pm.

The event format remains basically the same, albeit with some minor tweaks to the Handling and Drag shootout finals from 4pm onwards. Details of these minor changes will go to all clubs/teams as a separate email. We are looking to involve the fwd and rwd cars in the drag shootout finals again as per totb1.

The Overall Redline TOTB3 Champion Award will still be based on total points scored from all 3 events (1/4m drag, handling, Top speed) plus any bonus points gained from the shootout finals. Rocket Ronnie will be back looking for a Hat trick of wins!

The Closing date for all competitor entries is 1st July 2004. There will be a further 2-week period for any last minute team changes or for reserves to take any places that become available. Please note no refunds will be made after 1st July. No changes will be made to any team sheets after 14th July 2004 when the entry lists become final.

Any Traders interested in a display area or Event sponsorship should contact

[email protected]

Any event/team or entry enquiries contact

[email protected]

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Gaz.

Just to clarify from the other posts that are floating around, the entry closure date is 1st July so we need to choose cars by end of May at the latest.

Entry is going to be based on actual performance either last year or this year. We will need to see 1/4 mile times from a recognised event such as Elvington, TSC, Pod, Crail, Avon or other decent 1/4 mile setup.

We have 10 spaces available to us. Traders/Tuners cars will be included in that 10 if they can prove a decent time.

Current Entry list stands at

1. CRD Supra (10.9 Crail ) (assuming they run for mkivsupra.net)

2. Paul Whiffin (12.0 Pod last year)

3. Christian Doran (??.? from last year)

reserves

none at present

So as you can see theres spaces to fill and I need to see times etc.

Im also not sure I can make the event this year so I need somebody to sort out all the organisation on this.

JB

Its the 12.8 and 12.9 area thats going to be a problem, theres a few cars in that area and when you think there going to be Dude, Leon, Terry, BabyV, Justins old car, Minkey Mark all with big plans for singles or twins (and I have missed a load of cars there Im sure) then the stock based sequentials may be limited. BUT, its all based on proven times, if the big cars dont prove their times then its going to be interesting to say the least.

JB

Originally posted by Paul Laing

Thing is will these cars be ready this year? Will the lads with singles have them fitted and working in time? I hope so, as it would be just as good to watch :)

Proven times by end of May is the cut off, I need to know the cars are capable and if they are going to be big power anyway a quick 12s run shouldnt be too tricky..

JB

• 2 weeks later...

I have everything to fit my single now, hopefully fit it in a couple of weeks, not sure how much HP i can squeeze out the current fuel setup and intercooler though.

I have already given my mapper the heads up as well.

:thumbs:

i wont be in it this time. but best of luck to everyone taking part. should be good this year, i have read it in the tea leaves.

nice to see lots of people with plans.

what about adam w in his mk3

or any news of registerd nutter? what about that f1 guy with t88 supra seems he has an all round car and knows how to drive.

have fun

• 5 weeks later...

Indeed it is, there may be a few days grace in it but the cut off is so that we can get all the entry forms in by 1st July which gives people the whole of June to get their entry forms in.

I know a lot of people are going single and that takes time but if we dont get the entry forms in we lose our places.

JB

• 4 weeks later...

Just 15 days to go before qualification for TOTB3 is supposed to close. I need to see proven times this year so that we can field a full team. I know a few of you are planning on running at Rotorstock on 31st May so Im hoping some good times come from that, everybody else needs to get themselves along to an event asap if they want to try and get a qualifying time.

JB

looks like chris b has a good time to add, at elvington today he did a 12.56@116mph was consistent all day with his times.

also im sure i seen a trap speed of 119 mph but will have to check camcorder footage.

a nice turn out of supras and skylines

Registration forms have to be in by the end of June which is why I have the end of May cut off. If we dont get the forms in we lose the places, they are seriously over subscribed this time. I can run a few days in to June but the middle will be tricky, whats your best time at the moment?

JB

• 3 weeks later...

Redline TOTB3 news update June 2004

Elvington Airfield, nr York, Sunday 1st August 2004.

News- One month remaining for entny forms! Closing date for all entrants is 1st July.

The following teams/groups will be represented at Redline TOTB3:

200Plus Club, MLR, GTR Register, GTIR’s, Supra's, Scooby’s (22b.com), 200SXOC, GT4OC, FDUK, CCCUK, GTOUK, PRG, RS Owners Club/Passionford, Viper Sport UK, IMOC, Jap Meets UK, skylineowners.com.

Additionally the following Tuners/cars will be in attendance:

Abbey Motorsport, Norris Designs, RC Developments, Calder Racing, Fensport, Coltco, Jeal Performance, TTS Performance, AET Turbo’s, AN Racing, Alltrack Performance, DP Motorsport to name a few.

Around 120 top cars will be taking part. a partial entry list is attached, club reps may wish to advise of any changes to estimated power etc for the cars,or changes to drivers, email us if so. There is still time to register a car for the event, drop us a line at [email protected]

New records set!

The recent test day for invite cars at Scoobyshootout (http://www.scoobyshootout.co.uk) saw some excellent practise times and speeds set in preparation for Redline TOTB3. Two new records were set, both by Calder Racing, with their Supra and Subaru Impreza WRX. The supra is over 900bhp and proved itself with a new record for Elvington, running 201mph at 1.25miles from a standing start! Meanwhile the Calder Scooby ran a sub 11s 1/4m, to become the fastest Subaru 1/4m in the UK so far at 10.98s on road legal tyres. Both cars are sure to be contenders at TOTB3.

Competitor Entry packs-

These will go out direct to all registered competitors around the 14th July, and will contain the event info, instructions, 2 entry tickets (driver and passenger), plus pitlane pass stickers. Team reps should ensure any official support vehicles requiring a pass are notified to us in advance of this date.

Spectator tickets-

A reminder that advance tickets are on sale with a £5 discount on http://www.totb.co.uk, or via the orderline. Additionally the clubs taking part can obtain a further reduction in price based on a block purchase of tickets for club members, contact us for details. Alternatively spectators can pay on the gate on the day at £20 per adult, children free.

Legality of Competitor cars-

Reminder that all cars must be road legal, taxed, tested and insured. Tyres are to be road legal, DOT or E marked, and with legal tread depth/pattern at all times. Any tyre queries should be raised in advance. Any objections against a particular car or tyre will only be considered on the day of the event if raised directly with the scrutineer or us. Provisional programme of the day- attached to this document.

***************ANNOUNCEMENT***************

Redline TOTBIII and Crashnet have teamed up to present a new dedicated TOTB news channel on the http://www.crash.net website. Crashnet is the worlds biggest and best Motorsport website with over 30 million page views per month covering all aspects of Motorsport. The new channel will carry features on cars, product reviews, movie and sound clips and the latest news from the modified performance car world and from Redline Ten of the Best.If any car club/ competitor/ tuner/ manufacturer or individual has any exciting news relating to their car or TOTB preparations that they would like to pass on then please email it to [email protected] or [email protected]This could be news relating to a car taking part (development work or testing on a car), or news about the team members or the group itself. Anything newsworthy could be included, so drop us a line.

This ones going to be good this year. Nice to see Kevin H is involved as he wanted to do this last year but other cars stopped this from happening, even though they never ran. Last years TOTB was very dissapointing :(

Lets hope this year is better with all the singles now. I would have liked to see Michel's name on the list, very soon the T78 will be finished and that will fly :)

Even if he gets a good time in June is there noway he can run?

Paul

copied from my post in chit chat

based on Minkey Marks 1/4 list the current entrants for TOTB3 would be...

9.953 @ 144.18 mph CRD supra

10.927 @ 132.48 mph Dude

11.61 @ 132 mph Leon G

11.84 @ 131 mph Paul W

12.36 @ 107 mph Christian Doran

12.53 @ 114 mph MONKEYmark

12.56 @ 116 mph Chris B

12.79 @ 114 mph Matt Harwood

12.81 @ 110 mph Kevin Huntley

12.83 @ ??? mph Geezabloke

Monkey Mark, Chris B, Geezabloke, Kevin or Matt Harwood may be willing to give up their time if a faster single turns up but thats going to be their choice, they had the times by the qualifying cut off but I know other cars are capable and may just turn up some quick times. If they do then we need to see them before 20th June to make sure we get the required entry forms in. If any of those people are 100% sure they will want to race then let me know and I will send you the entrance form.

CRD, Dude, Leon, Paul W and Christian Doran are all definite entries so I will sort out their entry forms and mail them across to them.

It will be a great event this year, I even bought a new gazeebo to celebrate :)

JB

Will there be enough seats for us Northern folk under the gazeebo? lol :D

Kevin should be putting some good times in when the cars running perfect, i know 11s are in his reach so thats one time that will be down from the 12.8 on the list.

I also think ChrisB should definetly run, stock car apart from boost increase and intercooler and a 12.5, letting everyone know UK cars rule :p

Paul