Rear numberplate surround opinions.

marcAB10

Rear numberplate surround.  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Rear numberplate surround.

• Like them
    • Don't like them
    • Don't mind either way.

Depends what state your paint is underneath it, if you can take them off and get away with a polish then I'd go for it, but if it means repainting it's an expensive change.

A previous owner put a huge (rectangular) plate on the back of mine and kindly drilled big holes to screw it on :rolleyes: so I'm thinking of getting a pair. Supramemole is working on a set of carbon inserts (as far as I know) that I'm looking forward to seeing.

I think it depends on the car, some look better with and some look better without! The colour of the car makes a huge difference!

Mine being a dark green, i think it blends in quite nicely so i have left them on, as with yours being black i think it looks good, but on bright colours like white and silver i guess would look better without the black surrounds as they stand out too much imo!

Think this will be one of those things in the end only you can decide :) Will be people who like them, will be people who hate them. If everyone took them off, then yours would be different with them on (as they are stock after all) but worst comes to worst you could take them off, try it for a month, and if you like them on, just buy some no. plate adhesive pads and stick them back on. When they are off you can easily clean the backs of them up to use nice new adhesive.

One thing i would say is the adhesive pads they have on them are pretty strong, take a fair bit of work to get it off the paintwork but can be done with patience. :)