The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Naming question

Kaamos

The letter signifies the year of registration of a vehicle in the UK. ie X is 2000/01(!), P is 1996/97, R is 97/98 etc. My car is an L reg, which is 1993. Its just a way to describe the year of registration in one easy to read symbol on the cars on the roads.

It's all gone wrong now though, as I don't like the way they've messed about with out registration numbers. They look too confusing to me!

Hope that helps. :)

Edited by AndrewOW
Wrong X ! I was thinking of the previous one! (see edit history)

X reg should indicate a car that has been manufactured between 1st August 2000 and 28th February 2001: http://www.ukcar.com/features/reg_year.htm (scroll down a bit)

However, don't take that as gospel as many earlier imports were incorrectly registered at their import date rather than manufacture date. Best to check the VIN plate as an indicator and ensure it matches up to the plate age.

Alright, thanks to you all, now it does make much more sense to me ! I was confused about this being kind of a optional-feature-level or something and I was tearing my hair off because this didn't lead anywhere :)

>>Jurgen, no I'm not particulary looking for an X reg car... My X in the question just stood for an unknown letter.... I'm not sure if this is very clear the way I'm putting it though...

So I'm just looking for a *whatever* reg car haha

i thought this was going to be about giving your car a name!! a thing my wife does for every car we have owned. (is it just a girl thing to name a car?)

also the best guide to the supra's true age is the seatbelt label as it should have printed on it a year of manufacture which i think is following a japanese guideline. sellers may incorrectly state the year based on the dvla (UK driving authorities) documentation which, as stated above, can often be wrong.

i thought this was going to be about giving your car a name!! a thing my wife does for every car we have owned. (is it just a girl thing to name a car?)

also the best guide to the supra's true age is the seatbelt label as it should have printed on it a year of manufacture which i think is following a japanese guideline. sellers may incorrectly state the year based on the dvla (UK driving authorities) documentation which, as stated above, can often be wrong.

I thought it was you blokes that always named your cars!! lol:D