The mkiv Supra Owners Club

GT45 turbo

ajazyasin

I have done a search but not come up with anything. Im looking at an XS GT45 for drag purposes. Ive tried to contact captainchaos as i know he has one but no response. Does anyone know or can hazzard a guess at the spool characteristics of this turbo?

thanks

Exducer A/R 1.05

Compressor A/R 0.66

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you not think it would be good soley as a drag tubby?

I remember seeing the DJ craig car run with one off them, It was running 13 second 1/4s till he added a huge amount of Nos, Cleland had one on his and took it to the pod as well, he never got any great times with it.

Sorry to be harsh to anyone thats got one but imo its a Chinese made paper weight, spend a little more and buy a decent turbo.

GT42 range from Garrett would be a good start. Paul Whiffin has one on his car, I think he mentioned it should be over 1000 bhp capable when run at 2 bar. IIRC he got 850bhp at 1.7 bar, so hardly pushing a turbo like that.

It's always going to be a late spooler, even with a stroker and NOS to help the spool. Pauls was hitting full boost in 4th around the 5.5krpm mark, but without NOS.

A 42RS is a big one that would spool better than a 45. Why not try that?

Garrett GT42 and the XS power GT45 are not at all comparible in terms of size or power rating. The GT45 XS one is actually smaller than the GT42 RS.

The naming conventions are not the same for all manufacturers, thankfully the garrett range do make sense!

what are the spool characteristics of the GT4202R? fair price for em cerca £1600

Its going to be in the 5000rpm regon id say but will make a 1000bhp or close to it unlike the GT45.

If i was building a drag car id go with the GT4294R for about 800bhp and spool i could live with if i wanted to use it on the street, then add 200bhp of Nos.

Steve W's mkiii is running 7 second 1/4 miles with an XS-power GT45

and an Xs-power wastegate, with lots of 8 second runs..

seems china (USA) crap does work?

Dont know how much of a shot he uses though

(info for drag only car mind you)

[img]http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i90/xspower/Supra/steves%20supra/japshow07016.jpg[/img]

Steve W's mkiii is running 7 second 1/4 miles with an XS-power GT45

and an Xs-power wastegate, with lots of 8 second runs..

seems china (USA) crap does work?

Dont know how much of a shot he uses though

(info for drag only car mind you)

http://http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i90/xspower/Supra/steves%20supra/japshow07016.jpg

That looks completely different to the xs power gt45's ive seen.

Both the cold and hot side on that turbo is v banded in the center and the xs gt45's are bolted, and it looks twice the size.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

GT42 range from Garrett would be a good start. Paul Whiffin has one on his car, I think he mentioned it should be over 1000 bhp capable when run at 2 bar. IIRC he got 850bhp at 1.7 bar, so hardly pushing a turbo like that.

It's always going to be a late spooler, even with a stroker and NOS to help the spool. Pauls was hitting full boost in 4th around the 5.5krpm mark, but without NOS.

1.6 bar actually :) Oh and on the road its hitting full boost about 4800rpm, highly recommend this turbo. I'm running a 3.4 stroker which helps a bit though.