The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Member From Germany looking for a MKIV

GMan

Hello All, first a bit about myself

I am currently a Nissan Skyline R33 GTST owner and the International Area rep for Germany for skylineowners.com

After multiple issues with my skyline in the 5 years I have owned it I have finally had enough and just want something I can drive to work everyday and not be embarraseed to be seen in.

My good friend Kim1978 has a great 95tt and convinced me to switch sides as it were.

So hello to all and please let me know if you are aware of a good condition supra for sale at a good price NA and auto are fine as I want to keep the inital cost down and learn a bit before upgrading. I'll decide later about the skyline

Cheers!

Glenn

Edited by GMan (see edit history)

Hello All, first a bit about myself

I am currently a Nissan Skyline R33 GTST owner and the International Area rep for Germany for skylineowners.com

After multiple issues with my skyline in the 5 years I have owned it I have finally had enough and just want something I can drive to work everyday and not be embarraseed to be seen in.

My good friend Kim1978 has a great 95tt and convinced me to switch sides as it were.

So hello to all and please let me know if you are aware of a good condition supra for sale at a good price NA and auto are fine as I want to keep the inital cost down and learn a bit before upgrading. I'll decide later about the skyline

Cheers!

Glenn

You can have my 1995 n/a black auto only 65,000 miles no rust excellent interior and mechanically spot on for £3250 mail [email protected] for pics it is in the classifieds on this site, not sure how to put links up, cheers Derek.

@everybody who so warmly welcomed me, Thank you! This is an amazingly friendly & helpful forum, I expect i will be spending some considerable time on here :)

@darek300zx, and everybody who has offered me a chance to buy one of your beautiful machines, Thank you very much but I have found one on the site, will be flying to collect on or about the 27th. While the buyers market created the current economic situation has helped me finally acquire one of my dream cars, I regret so many of you have been forced to sell on, I hope everybody's situation improves to the point where you don't have to sell or that you manage to find a new home for your babies soon.

@supradibs, lived in frankfurt for 3 years, but had to move to Heidelberg a year ago, about 60 miles south, I make the drive nearly every Friday and Back on Monday, the skyline is fairly thirsty and unreliable as of late Which is why I chose an n/a, I frequently get stuck in traffic, and my skyline's uprated clutch is a pain which is why I wanted an auto (the fact that they go for less is a big bonus!) my (city/winter/crappy-weather/skyline is broken) car is a 1984 VW Golf cabriolet with 50hp is totally unsuited for weekend duty because id rather walk to the nightclub than showing up in that oddly reliable but dreadful looking car. Which is why I chose a Supra!

Welcome! :)

I don't mean to offend you in anyway but I think gtst skylines are just rubbish and they should be burned to the ground. :D I hate them so much. I don't know why but I just do. The gtr is a different animal though. :)

I used to have a skyline (gtr model) and it was great. But I must say that I don't regret selling it and buying a supra. The engine in a supra is just so much better in standard form and the larger displacement doesn't hurt either. The mkiv body is also full of muscle!

Get one - you won't regret it! ;)

Hey GMAN I'm in Germany currently, in Dusseldorf, next week I will be in Ludwigshaffen, which is near Hiedelburg, unfortunately I fly from UK every week so dont bring my Supra lol

I've never seen a Supra over here in Germany so you will certainly stand out in it :)

Hey nice to meet you, I am flying to the UK on the 27th to pick up my Supra, I can't wait, I feel like a little kid at Christmas. I'll be in Heidelberg all week next week though if you want to meet up.

I am used to standing out to be honest, as there are even less Skylines in Germany than Supras, but both cars are stunning, I'm looking forward to having both in my garage