The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Decat on fleabay...

Dave_SZ-R

Hey chaps,

Spotted this afew days ago:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOYOTA-SUPRA-JZA80-EXHAUST-DOWNPIPE-DE-CAT-DECAT-PIPE_W0QQitemZ220355659829QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item220355659829&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Thought it was for TT only, until I looked at it again tonight and scrolled down to reveal that it is compatible with the n/a too.

Firstly, has anyone purchased/ fitted one of these and is it any good? Obviously if there is a better alternative n/a decat, Ill be buying that.

Secondly, are there any issues with fitting a decat to do with sensors etc? I know that with some cars its just a case of 'bolting on' your decat pipe, others require more bits.

Finally, what power gains can I expect (I know putting a 2jz-gte in is the best way to get power, Im only expecting modest gains!) from losing my cats?

Thanks guys!

as far as i'm aware the only part of the exhaust that is compatible is from the cat back.

Yeah, thats what Ive always thought. The listing states that its for the turbo model more than once, but then the seller has added at the bottom that this can fit the 'NON turbo' models as well. The only thing I can think is that he has n/a specific ones available too at the same price, but he doesnt ask you to state what model you drive when you buy.

Ill contact the seller and ask him, but it seems the general consensus on here is that a turbo decat pipe will not fit an n/a model...

This section ie the second cat pipe will fit both...........

The shorter 1st cat is (alot) different NA to TT

Ah, I see. Is it worth removing the second cat pipe and leaving the first in? I believe there is a decat available for the n/a that replaces both cats, but is a fair bit more expensive that this.

Ive messaged the seller about this, see what he says...

unfortunately I can't speak from experience about what its like without one or both cats..........It's reported to liven up the NA a bit, and i doubt its far off to say that each cat probably has approximately the same effect so it'll be worth swapping it in to a point. Will definitely be louder :)

I bought the same decat, fitted on my na perfectly.

Seller got back to me today saying 'Yeah this will fit for you'. Hes certainly very concise and to the point. Seriously thinking about this now. The first and second cat replacement pipes are available separately from Whifbitz, or together for about £245.

Is there going to be a big sound/performance difference between replacing either one of the two cats, or replacing both?

I already have a 5Zigen system on the car, which I wouldnt describe as quiet.