The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What fuel is best?

Dave_SZ-R

This is really a question for the n/a crowd I suppose, but any advice is appreciated.

Since having my last car (imported Celica) Ive been in the habit of only ever putting in 97RON or above (Ultimate, V-Power etc.). The question is, is it OK to use normal 95RON fuel in my n/a, or should I stick to the strong stuff?

Thanks guys!

95 ron is perfectly fine for the NA. It's only the turbo cars that need the higher octane fuel to help starve off det.

Most people here have used 95 RON in their NA's for years without issues.

Exactly. I used 95 on my N/A without the problem no reason to put V-Power or similar to normal use

I use V-power all the time. I was on V-power during the last dyno day we had and made 226hp, im curious if my hp would drop if I started using 95. Shell claim to add extra additives to V-power to flush out the system, this may be BS but my car feels strong, especially on a cold crisp day.