The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Got another one!

Luka-P

Got this delivered last night from Dave (Max_Headroom). Went down to see him in the morning and was treated to a cuppa and a bacon sarnie which were lovely! The delivery truck got caught up in some traffic so was a came a little later than expected. So at half nine at night we got her off the truck and onto the drive.

Went out for a little browse this morning and to see what's what. Should be fun!

Luke.

SNV31348 [640x480].JPG

SNV31349 [640x480].JPG

SNV31350 [640x480].JPG

SNV31351 [640x480].JPG

SNV31352 [640x480].JPG

SNV31353 [640x480].JPG

SNV31354 [640x480].JPG

SNV31355 [640x480].JPG

Plans are full strip down, repair and repaint first. Trying to choose the colour at the moment. Originally it was destined for the track but I think I've changed my mind. Think I'm going to bring it back as it was when it left Mr Ts. UK look, no mods, just a clean example. It's becoming hard to find these days so I thought I'd build my own!

Watch this space!

Dave had imported it in 2004 and has had it since then. He went into the back of a Porche about a year ago but then bought it back from the insurance company. It had an engine rebuild by Interpro just before the accident which included a new block. It's been standing since then and has been robbed of many parts.

It's the perfect base for a restoration I must admit, can't wait to get my hands on her!

Dave had imported it in 2004 and has had it since then. He went into the back of a Porche about a year ago but then bought it back from the insurance company. It had an engine rebuild by Interpro just before the accident which included a new block. It's been standing since then and has been robbed of many parts.

It's the perfect base for a restoration I must admit, can't wait to get my hands on her!

Ahah, good stuff :) Unfortunatly much of the expensive (2nd hand wise) stuff is gone, so it is going to cost a few quid to put some of that back... but, I did one is worse condition that that for about £800 outlay on parts (needed engine, doors, hood, bumpers, lights, engine, suspension, brakes, gearbox, and interior), but got £400 back on other stuff that got sold. Your best bet is to try and locate a car in the breakers yard and bargain hard for a "job lot". Worked for me :D

Edit - and look at who just posted above ;)

Good luck with it and keep us posted :)

Get the project thread started Luke :D looking forward to reading it.

If I was starting from scratch for the exterior I'd be thinking oem skirts and spats, either an active spoiler or amuse style lip, and a set of coilovers. Maybe no spoiler too.

Dobro Jutro Luke, The courier man couldn't get the car out the car park so I had to drad it out with the Volvo, went back in the morning and there only seemed to be a slight oil stain on the floor which looked good considering the time she had been standing. When shes done I may even travel up to see her again.

It was very nice to meet you and chat and good luck with it all :)

Hi Dave. Yes he mentioned that it was a bit of a struggle to get it on. Thanks for all your help that day, very kind of you. You're more than welcome to come and see her again. Very nice meeting you too!

I'll give her a once over today and see what we'll be dealing with.

I went and picked up a few bits from Keron this week. Got some oil filters, coolant and oil from Mr T too. Fitted the exhaust this evening. Flushed the oil and drained the coolant. I put on a new filter and some fresh oil in, filled up the coolant and tried to start her. The battery was heavily perished so I put a new one on. Turned the key and she fired right up. Idled nicely at 2k at first and then down to 1500. It soon dropped to around 750 after a few minutes. I must say it sounds fantastic. I was really surprised how well it ran saying she had been standing for over a year.

No leaks or dodgy sounds coming from the engine. Nothing which struck me as unusual, just a sweet purring engine which sounded like it'd been ran everyday. I'm going to flush all the fluids again and change the filters. I'll be getting the door glass in and wings on this weeked. Then I think it'll be a strip down, then prep for the respray. Stuck between a blue or a grey. RSP or Grigio Avlon!

Good stuff Luka, always a nervous moment that first startup :D The NA lumps are almost indestructable, mines only been started 3 times in the last year but always turns over straight away and runs really sweet.

Hard decision on the colour, but it's always going to be a personal choice. For me I've always loved the look of Grigio Avlon (the lambo colour) since someone did their supra in that colour a year or two ago. Very fresh looking and really makes the car look more modern but only really on a fairly stock looking supra. 2nd choice for me would be the stock gunmetal colour from the late models. Keep us posted :)