The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Can it be done? (tax, MOT, etc)

TRD-Rob

You can insure what you like; although some insurance companies will want to see a copy of a current MOT and/or for you to say the car has a current MOT or "is roadworthy".

You don't need tax to go to an MOT, so long as the car is insured, and BOOKED IN.

Once you have MOT and your cover note (proof of insurance) you can buy a tax disc from a post office (and display it - non-display is a seperate offence). so you'll need to find an insurance company that will email your cover note or possibly fax you a copy. Check in advance with your local post office what evidence they will accept.

I'm with Adrian Flux and did this in a day.

Booked the car in and once it had passed, called adrian flux and paid the premium. By the time I got home the e-mail was there and I went to the post office and bought the tax disc. Simple.

(Also used the green slip from the V5 as logbook wasn't in my name as I had only just bought the car :))

Only if the insurance is already on the database, and you still can't display the physical disc on the day you buy it as it is sent via the post.

You'd still be covered though, you'd have to be really unlucky to get stopped for that and if they did they can do a quick check and once they see you've got it online they should let you go as long as nothing else is amiss :)

Only if the insurance is already on the database, and you still can't display the physical disc on the day you buy it as it is sent via the post.

You are allowed to drive without a tax disc as long as it was purchased online,

i was pulled over and i did'nt have one on display, explained to the copper that the local post office was closed and i did it online

he did a check and all was fine

I'm Wrong it seems.

Vehicles are also exempt only when:

Going to a test centre for a pre-booked MOT test, stipulating the time and date of the relevant test.

Whilst undergoing an MOT test.

After failing an MOT test, for the purpose solely of taking the vehicle to a pre-booked appointment at a garage in order to have the faults rectified or relevant repairs carried out

You'd still be covered though, you'd have to be really unlucky to get stopped for that and if they did they can do a quick check and once they see you've got it online they should let you go as long as nothing else is amiss :)

You are allowed to drive without a tax disc as long as it was purchased online

I don't think you can buy it online, unless you have a reminder through the post AND the insurance database gets updated throughout the day (unlikely!)

Plus even if you could do it online it would still be up to the individual police officer to let you off not displaying the tax, it is a seperate offence to not having any. Why risk it, just go to the post office! :p