The mkiv Supra Owners Club

power steering pump ?

barneybrendan

had to relocate the resevoir on my na.the pump is as if it hasnt got enough fluid going through it.Also the resevoir is building up pressure and frothing out the lid.just noticed the 2 air pipes off the volve on the pump,do both have to be connected.If so where to,one is already connected to the pipe on the head .

any advice on this would be appreciated

power steering is still frothing,and pump is making a right racket.

cracked the banjo`s off on the rack,main feed from pump fluid peed out.return banjo fluid came out not under pressure.

the car was started twice when pipes were off causing the system to empty.(thanks to my brother).

i have changed the resevoir now,used a toyota avensis one,which is mounted off the radiator and is above the pump so flow isnt an issue with that.

need to get this sorted so i can get the car to interpro ,and get to drive it again.

any advice will be greatly appreciated.:(