The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Get caught out by the "COOL" factor??

suprattgaz

Anyone else have the supe as a weekend car now rather than a daily commuter? I only go out in mine now rarely compared to when it was my daily runner. You forget just how awesome they look and sound until you take them out. I was contemplating why I had it to only drive a few times a month, but then every time I take it out it reminds me why I put up with all the running costs!!!!

I released mine form it's cage today and drove it through town, no radio or CD etc. The amount of "wow"s and people gesturing and stopping to look is incredible. You honestly forget what it is like until you take them out, what a buzz!!!!

Yeah mine's for the weekends.

Took it to Harrogate last night and drove it back today.

I have to say the less you drive it, the more special it feels, you remember why you bought it in the first place!

I think that is exactly my point. I thought it was ace as a daily runner, but now as a toy it is so much better. The thing that gets me is the looks. When used to driving a bog standard car, then these you almost forget until people are glaring at you and it tkes a second to realise why - bizarre!

Mine has always been a weekend car for the last two years. Lately it has hardly moved compared to when we got it.....:(

When the weather gets better I imagine it will get some hammer but it's on a 5k limited mileage policy but last year it only did 2k......:blink: In the first year, I really struggled to get it under 5k.....:D

It still gets a lot of attention but there are three white ones in Wigan alone so it does dilute the effect a wee bit..!!

H.

my Supra is used 7 day's a week.. hail, rain, snow and if we ever get it "sunshine"

it only cover's about 40 mile's a week though or 58 kilometers

never seen the point in buying a car just to bring out in nice weather or just weekend's i buy them to use them (alway's drive to the conditions) i even got funny look's from folk just for using my old BMW convertable in the rain with the roof down (just a passing shower mind)

we all work hard at getting them how we want them so get them out daily!

Haven't driven mine since the end of October when the clutch broke :(

Nearly every day I look at pictures of my car, ring suppliers for parts, get technical information on modifications and try planning changes to the car for this season on the drag strip and every day I think is it worth doing this and not being able to use the car for long periods that the changes take :(

I then think, 'winter mods' were planned last summer and when I get the car back what times will I be able to achieve on the strip :) and because the car is being kept road legal I’ll also be able to drive it on the road when I like.

Roll on April when I get the car back and take it out for testing.

If I look at all the weekends that I can run the car on the strip and visit shows I could be very busy from April until October