The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just Bought a '95 N/A Supra Auto!

Guest Darren456

Guest Darren456

Hey everyone,

Finally got around to buying myself a Supra, well, I've won it on eBay and am picking it up next weekend.

Here she is:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=290294776978

What do you reckon????

Requires a stereo and a NSF wheel bearing from the looks of it, and it's an Auto, but other than that I'm hoping I've picked up a decent one for not alot of money!

Cheers,

Darren

Guest Darren456

I work in a truck rental place with our own workshop so if I get the bits I can bring it in and do it myself, or get one of the guys to help me. How easy / hard is it to change a wheel bearing on a Supra? Should have found that out first, haha

I work in a truck rental place with our own workshop so if I get the bits I can bring it in and do it myself, or get one of the guys to help me. How easy / hard is it to change a wheel bearing on a Supra? Should have found that out first, haha

Not that difficult if you have the kit, the parts are fairly expensive and you'll need a few seals and rings. From memory it's £100-£120 per wheel, so not that bad if you can do the work yourself. Provided nothing is frozen on the suspension or the driveshaft but it won't be too difficult... but don't take the sellers word for it, check it out first.

Looking on eBay they seem to sell kits for about £60 or so, that seems quite good...

Don't bother with ebay for vital stock parts fella, stick with Toyota. Whifbitz here usually keep the wheel bearing kits in stock and at a good price.

http://garagewhifbitz.co.uk/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=2010&Itemid=53

£24 for the seals, £89 for the bearing.

Guest Darren456

Cheers Homer, I'll bear that in mind mate.

So I got the car for £400 less than his asking price then, not too bad I say, lol

Out of interest, as I've always said I'd do it, if I were to remove the spoiler, how easy would that be? I prefer the Supra without the spoiler to be honest so it's something I would consider if it were easy enough.

Out of interest, as I've always said I'd do it, if I were to remove the spoiler, how easy would that be? I prefer the Supra without the spoiler to be honest so it's something I would consider if it were easy enough.

Two bolts either side and one clip. Very easy to remove. The only problem is the holes left. You can get some bungs for them but it won't look very nice. The only decent way to do it is to get them welded, but that'll need the hatch painted and blended.