The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Visual Performance White Dials Install Pics

hadyn

Installed the Visual Performance white dials today.

Job was pretty relaxing, but took a little longer than expected as I had to relocate some of the lighting wires to stop the revometer needle getting stuck :lol: I'm really pleased with the results, so see what you think -

Heres some pics to show you through the process:

original dials getting ready to be taken out

thats all thats left once you've ripped the dash and dials out on a Supra, lol :)

Old dial cluster out of the car and ready to be opened up

New dials fitted over old ones by carefully sliding them over the needles and positioning them

Dials refitted into the dash and ready to go...

Not sure what to do with the inverter yet, might leave it below the stereo as in the pic above :)

Heres the finished results, you can change the brightness and the colour of the glow using the inverter, from blue to green:

Dash now looks like something out of Star Trek and I'm particularly pleased with it. A big improvement over the stock dash at night if you ask me:

Nice one, I've just emailed the seller to see if there is any available for the manual. This is a nice little mod, brings the interior right up to date!

i like these whats the inverter wired to was it an easy job as ive just done a blue dash conversion

The inverter is wired to the dials themselves and is used to adjust the colour and brightness. You only need to wire the dials to a power source that comes on when you switch on the headlights - e.g. the wires you use for a boost gauge which come from the stock clock :) Very easy on the scale of things :)

The inverter is wired to the dials themselves and is used to adjust the colour and brightness. You only need to wire the dials to a power source that comes on when you switch on the headlights - e.g. the wires you use for a boost gauge which come from the stock clock :) Very easy on the scale of things :)

excuse my ignorance but i have an na so no wires for a boost gauges i think :innocent: i take it theres some soldering to be done :D

Nice one, I've just emailed the seller to see if there is any available for the manual. This is a nice little mod, brings the interior right up to date!

they do me brother has them in his car,

http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq58/123mustang2009/vp2.jpg

http://i433.photobucket.com/albums/qq58/123mustang2009/vp1.jpg

Goty those on mine too. Wired them through the built in Supra dimmer knob too so I can dim them without using the inverter dial (I've hidden it behind the dash). Just means you can't adjust the colour to green, but thats what coulour I always need them to be anyway :)

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=6418&d=1174948651

Goty those on mine too. Wired them through the built in Supra dimmer knob too so I can dim them without using the inverter dial (I've hidden it behind the dash). Just means you can't adjust the colour to green, but thats what coulour I always need them to be anyway :)

These look good, might get a set for mine. Any tips or diagrams on how to wire it into the dimmer as well then?

I also have these dials just havent got round to fitting them yet, does anyone have any pics of where they have located the inverter, and the best place for it?

I didnt know where I could neatly install my inverter, so today I just ran the wire down to the gear stick surround area and now the inverter lives under the gear stick surround plastic trim.

I've put it there as I dont really intend to change the dial colour or brightness. If I do, its just a 10 second job taking the gear surround off and adjusting the inverter :)

These look good, might get a set for mine. Any tips or diagrams on how to wire it into the dimmer as well then?

Mine is just wired into the original dash lighting wires (ones that dim with the dimmer). It works fine this way.

I dont want the dash anymore crammed than it already is so I say just hide the inverter somewhere! ;)