The mkiv Supra Owners Club

boost controller?

BlackWatch66

If your J-spec you shouldn't need a boost controller, just a restrictor ring..... if i'm right :blink:

Correct, unless he's TTC in which case he'll need a boost controller.

The mechanical boost controllers aren't the best in terms of accuracy but I believe there are a few people on here using them with no problems at all.

For the extra flexibility and smoother torque curve I'd get the electronic one TBH.

If your J-spec you shouldn't need a boost controller, just a restrictor ring..... if i'm right :blink:

Yep :)

A restrictor ring is all thats needed for the jspec. manual boost control is not a good choice, but there are plenty of options out there for good EBC's.

Take a read: bpu

Edit - haha, even at this time of the morning you get sensible replies :D

Yep :)

A restrictor ring is all thats needed for the jspec. manual boost control is not a good choice, but there are plenty of options out there for good EBC's.

Take a read: bpu

Edit - haha, even at this time of the morning you get sensible replies :D

so the best way to control the boost in jap spec, is an electronic BC?

I'm a bit lost in this matter!

if i have a j spec decated with ring restrictor, do i need a electronic or manual bc?

thanks..

:rolleyes:

so the best way to control the boost in jap spec, is an electronic BC?

I'm a bit lost in this matter!

if i have a j spec decated with ring restrictor, do i need a electronic or manual bc?

thanks..

:rolleyes:

by what homer has said and the bpu you should only need the rr, but..... from what i under stand you can 100% say the RR will gie 1.2bar it could be 1.1 or 1.3

by what homer has said and the bpu you should only need the rr, but..... from what i under stand you can 100% say the RR will gie 1.2bar it could be 1.1 or 1.3

if i want to install an electronic BC (Blitz Dual SBC DSBC) in a j spec fully decated with RR, and run 0.8 most of the time will this be ok or wrong?

:taped:

if i want to install an electronic BC (Blitz Dual SBC DSBC) in a j spec fully decated with RR, and run 0.8 most of the time will this be ok or wrong?

:taped:

You'd need a restrictor ring with a smaller than normal hole I think to make sure the car stays at 0.8 bar - the boost controller can only up the boost - not limit it.