The mkiv Supra Owners Club

heater

wilkorangerover

Sounds like the heater matrix is either blocked or is dying. Check the passenger footwell for dampness. If it's there it's a huge bill.

There is a guide on here as to how to bypass the matrix but obviously your heaters won't work at all and there is some suggestion it's not a very good thing to do long-term.

It's important to make sure the heaters work before buying a Supra.

If you pay anywhere near £1k to change the matrix youve been ripped off imo.

Mine cost just over £500 including the new matrix.

Good luck with flushing the system through

It might be worth looking in the FAQ and Guides section as Jezz has done a very good write up on how to do it.

drained and flushed, added a bottle of "Holts Speed Flush" and no anti freeze, going a small drive.. 20-30 miles then drain, flush and refill with anti freeze inc

kept checking the passenger side .. still dry

also got a game of footy to watch so i may finish this after the game .. depending on who's winning at half time! :taped:

out of intrest .. if the heater control was playing up could it cause the heat setting to work differently?

if i set my temp at 25-28 i get a stream of warm air, (not as warm as i think it should be) turn it to 30 and i get quite a jump in warm air.

ive still to re-flush and refill, i'll let ya'll know how that goes.

all done and from what i can tell .. no real difference, i'll run it a few day's and keep checking the system as i may not have got all the air out the system?

while sitting on my drive way ticking over it did feel hotter but out on the road i'm pretty sure it was about the same as it was, only realy getting hot air when the dial is at 30+