The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Central Locking

supraszr

I have a problem with my central locking, The car will lock but wont unlock. If you use the key on the drivers door its fine but only unlocks the drivers door and not both (This may be the case normally but as I had no problem till now I never tested the key in the door)

I just need to know if any of you think it requires replacement parts? or just all the wiring checked?

Does anyone know where the Central locking control module is? or where to get a replacement?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick one bud. Is the central locking switch in the drivers door ok. Its happened before where its been stuck in the closed position.

Probably not your problem because you've had everything out.

Hi, yeh its seems ok was messing around with it the other night locking and unlocking. Its weird I got it working by doing this then it stops again.

• 3 weeks later...
I had the same problem and one day it fixed itself. The cars now been sitting for a while and its started to act up again. Could you let me know how you get on with the white cable on the module

Its all resolved now but same as yours it fixed itself, it is deffo damp getting into it I supect the drivers door.

Got another issue now trying to wire in Central locking to a Falcon Evo4.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all - I have this same issue - it suddenely stopped working after my last visit to a garage (however they did nothing electrical). I've taken my driver's side door card off, and there's only one connector which goes to the bank of door switches. I disconnect this and the problem is still there. Doesn't look damp or anything either.

To confirm my problem is that the remote alarm fob won't unlock to doors, but it will lock them OK. Also the central locking does the same thing - when I lock the driver's door the passenger lock too but then won't unlock.

• 4 months later...

Sorry to ressurrect an old thread but I'm having similar problems with my central locking.

It/'s never worked on the remote fob at all but that's possibly a battery issue. The key will unlock each door or the boot but won't centrally unlock. It will, however, centrally lock.

I've recently had a Clifford alarm fitted and the fob will lock both doors and boot but won't unlock anything. The alarm fitter tested all the motors and they work fine, both locking and unlocking. He has suggested that the central locking control module is faulty.

I seem to recall reading somewhere about resetting the central locking module but try as I might, I can't find it again and don't know what's involved. I suspect that may be down to a faulty memory (Old age ya know).

Can anyone advise me where the module is located and whether it can be reset? TIA

K.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My central locking has stopped working as of this morning. I think it's the frost and damp that has done it. The doors will lock but not unlock. That's both by the key fob and internal switch.

I have put the car in the garage. Will see if a few days drying out solves this. If not will have a look at the wires behind the doorcard when I'm next off.

Seems this is the first step. Next will be to prevent it from happening again.

BUMP - i'm also having this problem too, car will lock by the fob (Clifford) but won't unlock the doors. Any suggestions? Don't think there's any damp getting in but will get the door card off tomomorrow

I also have a Clifford alarm. Don't think that's a factor at the moment though.

Did you get this resolved?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bring this back up YET again but has anyone managed to sort the central locking issue out?

I have a clifford and can lock the doors but not unlock them with the fob, however if i use the key the door will unlock, i noticed that when i press the fob to unlock the doors that the door open light on the dash flashes on.

Had a search and this seems very common, so what's the answer?

I took my central locking ecu out the other day and found a deposit on the pcb. I gave it a clean and everything worked again. That was unitil I put the dash together again. Doh! I think it's the connection to the central locking control unit. Will be doing some testing with my trusty meter on Wednesday. Will make sure I fix it.