The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MOT Guarantee - any experiences?

PaulD76

Hey Guys

Nationwide Autocentre do MOT Guarantee where you pay £49 on top of the MOT (£99 in total) and they apparently cover you for the costs of repairing certain things. Seems a good deal but im always very suspicious and cyncial!!

http://www.nationwideautocentres.co.uk/Services_MotGuarantee.aspx

Now before you worry, i would never take my beloved supra there! And i know this therefore perhaps shouldnt be in a supra forum, but i just wanted to know if anyone has any experience and i always get good advice here.

Its for my wifes ford KA which i have been driving mondays to fridays. on the last MOT it had two advisory notes.. 1) brake hose perissed and wishbone bush splitting. Since this time ive been doing 400 miles per week on average!!

Any advice would be appreciated! I am expecting it to fail and it seems the items mentioned would be covered. everything else seems ok to me..

Thanks JustGav

A little rust around the petrol cap and door edges, but everything else is fine. Ive got a feeling its going to fail on something, purely as ive driven it a lot this year. The two advisory items 'should' be covered, according the salesman when i picked it up last year after the MOT.. mind this could be part of the ploy! considering its a 2001 plate with similar miles to my 96 supra its a great example of a buying quality products to last.

Part of me says its only £50 and it might save me a bit of cash, but at the other time, id hate to throw away £50 at this time!

sounds a bit dodgy to me..... as if you pay the extra £49 then they are going to do whatever work is needed to pass it? or are they just going to write the certificert and then say "it wasnt like that when it left here" hmmmmmm although if you want to sell a wreck with 12months mot then £99 sounds like a good deal lol

I think most of us know a garage somewhere that does MOT's that we wouldnt touch with a bargepole