The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Single turbo conversion help.

Guest jamesw71

Guest jamesw71

Hi there all, i am new to the site this being my first post, one of many more i would say.

What i need is the wise advice of the parts needed for a single turbo conversion . I am a mechanic myself but this is new grounds for me, the car i want to do is my partners its been sat for 5 years its a british spec car auto help! help! help!

Also what options have i got with the autobox as i want to create big hp.

Guest jamesw71

I want to achieve 700 min not sure how far i can go with a auto or what options there are.

I would love to be able to buy a job lot ie turbo manifold ect.

Just not sure what to get , i am lucky enough that i have a fair buget.

I want to achieve 700 min not sure how far i can go with a auto or what options there are.

I would love to be able to buy a job lot ie turbo manifold ect.

Just not sure what to get , i am lucky enough that i have a fair buget.

700 is a large number which will require big money, 600hp is a lot more reachable and better for the pocket. What are you using the car for and have you ever been in a 600hp supra. :)

Guest jamesw71

No never been in a supra over 450 bhp but i own a e92 m3 is that a swear word?

And my partner has an aston martin DB9

I want a real raw toy to use on a nice dry day.

If you look at Lee Ps car (above post) there must be a good £30ks worth of parts to get a driveable 700hp setup. On a road car, you'd be better aiming for the 500-600hp mark.

I'd recommend you BPU your car first though, it transorms the stock turbo setup (The car will feel MUCH faster, especially when no.2 kicks in :eyebrows: ) My old BPU uk spec auto was more than a match for a DB9.

I would aim for a well built, reliable, responsive 600hp and spend the money on quality parts and some nice toys. :)

Oh and its not the horse power that kills the auto box its the torque :)

damn you got some nice cars , im a mechanic to , i want a job where you work :p. No on a serious note alot of the gentleman on here that have got big horse power from what i gather would of rather gone for a much more useable and fast spooling 550-600 hp as it makes it more fun to drive on a nice dry day but obviously each to there own :) welcome to the club by the way

For the power you are aiming for I would go with the following

TURBO

HKS T51R KAI or SPL (BB) turbo kit

Exhaust

2nd decat pipe

ENGINE

At that sort of power you will need to rebuild the engine with stronger internals; pistons, rods, bearings, bolts, etc.

Breather pipes and catch can

in272°/ex272° Cams

FUELING

Fuel Rail

1000cc Injectors

Fuel Lines

Fuel Pressure Regulator

DRIVETRAIN

As said already the stock auto box will not cope with the power, you'll either need a stronger auto box or stock manual box.

COOLING

Engine oil cooler

Gearbox cooler

Diff Cooler

ELECTRONIC

Standalone ECU, sensors, harness, sensor bosses

Racelogic Traction Control

Boost Controller

Gauges, sensor bosses

There are many more parts you will need, but that is just a list of some of the main parts off the top of my head. Have a look through the specs in the members garage for reference, here http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/vbpicgallery.php?

If I can help with more details and part prices email me at the address below in my sig.