The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mixing Wheel Diameters

dandan

Does anyone here run a different diameter wheel front to back?

I'm wondering (for example) about an 18" rim on the front to make room for large discs and then a 17" on the rear to allow for a higher profile sidewall for improved traction.

Just a thought....anyone doing anything similar?

Cheers

Dan

I thought about doing that, too, as I like the look of larger profile rear wheels, but I was having a tough enough time finding a wheel I liked in one size that would fit a Supra, let alone 2 different sizes ( I was thinking 17" front, 16" rear).

And I thought it might look a bit daft. Still undecided.

It's something the drag racers do to get decent rubber on the back, the show car brigade tend to go the other way and have a larger wheel on the back and then a smaller one up front so they can still steer.

As long as overall diameter is retained and unsprung weight not affected too much it shouldn't be a major concern.

Does anyone know of any wheels that are similar to this one? I'm looking to piece together a set of 17 x 9.5 (or up to 10" wide) for the rear and 18 x 8 (or up to 9" wide) for the front but need some input on wheel makes/models that are similar to these ones.

I don't mind if they are silver but would prefer black as that would save me spraying them! :D

410e_35.JPG

Edited by dandan (see edit history)