The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Remove rear Seats or not ???

j1mb0b1

• 7 months later...

I removed my rear seats, spare wheel, rear speakers, and rear seatbelts but I ended up putting the spare wheel back in as there wasn't enough weight over the back end which made the car a bit twitchy. I'll take it back out when i've relocated the battery and put a sub & two amps in the back seat which should make it a more even distribution again.

i dont see the point in pulling your car apart to get a fast time at drag racing or track racing, basically ull be happy with the times but then when you add the weight back to the car itll be slow again i just dont see the point, why not arrive with the car in its road condition and get a good time for the car left as it :)

ps the rear seats weight less than a feather, as said above the road noise gets louder i only remove my rear seats when im road tripping it across the pond but thats to get more luggage in

The lighter my car is the better. It's my 2nd car anyway so it doesn't have to be that comfortable. I agree the bottom part of the back seats weigh next to nothing, but the upper part has to be close to 10KG's. You can't fit full sized people in the back with full sized people in the front anyway. Each to their own really, depends what you want from your car.

Edit: If you do take your seats out it might be handy to remember to keep the bolt that holds the middle seat belts in as if you take it out there's miles more road noise. I think you can pretty much see the ground through that hole.

Edited by TTRickeh (see edit history)

Edit: If you do take your seats out it might be handy to remember to keep the bolt that holds the middle seat belts in as if you take it out there's miles more road noise. I think you can pretty much see the ground through that hole.

ABove is a useful point.

I don't know why people would want to remove the seats if they are not using the car for racing etc. They are part of the car afterall.