The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Best N/A-T kit..?

Ali C

Your best doing a full TT Engine, turbo rear diff, propshaft, and turbo auto/manual gear box conversion mate, upgraded intercooler such as greddy, its worth it in my opinion i was going to go down the same road you are going, but allot of the guys and ladies on here convinced me otherwise, best decision i ever made doing an na-tt conversion, and i am running at around 400bhp.

Took me about 4 months to get the money together to do the full conversion, its not cheap, but allot cheaper than doing what you plan and what i was going to do.

And i also use her as an everyday car.

Edited by toyotasupra1980 (see edit history)

Your best doing a full TT Engine, turbo rear diff, propshaft, and turbo auto/manual gear box conversion mate, upgraded intercooler such as greddy, its worth it in my opinion i was going to go down the same road you are going, but allot of the guys and ladies on here convinced me otherwise, best decision i ever made doing an na-tt conversion, and i am running at around 400bhp.

Took me about 4 months to get the money together to do the full conversion, its not cheap, but allot cheaper than doing what you plan and what i was going to do.

And i also use her as an everyday car.

How much did that cost you including brake upgrades ect.

As above, the parts for a decent NA-T conversion are going to be alot more than what you can get a TT conversion done for. For the power you are looking at it's a no brainer really.

Having said that, with prices for TT's the way they are you might want to look into buying a proper TT instead as the TT conversion on an NA (plus the cost of your car) would put you near or in the TT price range.

ok..I liked the idea of putting the turbo onto the engine that i have now and working on it, because as i said im not looking huge BHP, what was the total cost for you to do the conversion?

i paid just over £5000, before the uk went into melt down with money, which included:

A Clean and Minted TT Engine with only 30,000miles.

Greddy FMIC.

Hardpipe kit.

Full Turbo Rear diff and TT crossbar, NA rear diff and crossbar is weaker.

Due to mine being an auto i changed fro the na gear box to a full TT gear box.

Upgraded fuel pump.

TT ECU.

which resulted in a full TT conversion and running 400bhp, fuel economy not that different to an NA, unless you boot it about allot:D:D:D

I will admit you can buy a TT Supra for about 5k now, but like i said i did the conversion when a decent TT supra with low mileage engine was around 7 - 10k

Edited by toyotasupra1980 (see edit history)

Mines an auto as well, although i thought the standard trans would be able to cope with around 300-350..?

i thought that to, but i went for the TT gear box, due to the TT box is very strong and can hold allot of power, the gear changes are allot more smoother and quicker.

you also mention breaks, i still run on the standard break discs and pads since doing the conversion 5 months ago, they do hold very well to be honest but i am planning on getting an upgrade in the future along with full Tien suspension.

i paid just over £5000, before the uk went into melt down with money, which included:

A Clean and Minted TT Engine with only 30,000miles.

Greddy FMIC.

Hardpipe kit.

Full Turbo Rear diff and TT crossbar, NA rear diff and crossbar is weaker.

Due to mine being an auto i changed fro the na gear box to a full TT gear box.

Upgraded fuel pump.

TT ECU.

which resulted in a full TT conversion and running 400bhp, fuel economy not that different to an NA, unless you boot it about allot:D:D:D

was looking at going NA/T after having my N/A for a wile, I looked at all the options as well.. and i am going for the TT swap.. probably a bit more expensive but well worth it.. also looked at selling mine and buying a tt straight off but have spent to much on mine over the last few years getting it how i wanted it (apart from the power!).. mine is hopefully going in next week been planning and getting parts since Sept/oct.. i even managed to get my insurance for the same price! not sure what a NA/T would be like to insure..

was looking at going NA/T after having my N/A for a wile, I looked at all the options as well.. and i am going for the TT swap.. probably a bit more expensive but well worth it.. also looked at selling mine and buying a tt straight off but have spent to much on mine over the last few years getting it how i wanted it (apart from the power!).. mine is hopefully going in next week been planning and getting parts since Sept/oct.. i even managed to get my insurance for the same price! not sure what a NA/T would be like to insure..

partly the reason i kept my supra, just done allot to her and just did not want to sell her and do the same thing all over again buying the same bits with a TT supra, there is sentimental value when you build a car from scratch, and you get more pride out of it when you buy the bits you want.

Boostlogic are acknowledged as one of the best NA-T conversion kits but you'll still need a few bits and bobs, again, do a search:

http://www.boostlogic.com/xcart/home.php?cat=19

This club was set up precisely for what your after, everything covered:

http://forum.clubna-t.com/

You wont get much change out of £5K for a quality conversion, a TT swap and BPU would almost certainly be less don't forget to factor in gear box ( a getrag 6 speed is rare as rocking horse poo and used £2K+) LSD, brakes (AP Racing or Brembo £2.5K+) You'd probably get a bit over 400bhp for the TT but with room for more power in the future than that - a single turbo perhaps ;) rather than 350ish bhp for the NA-T and little room for increase without some serious upgrades = more expense.

If your on a tight budget don't go NA-T. If things go wrong and you've no reserve funds your stuffed :search: