The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RLTC - serial connector?

SteveR

I'm being thick no doubt but I've sold my RLTC to a member and don't want him to have any difficulties when to comes to using the thing.

This is what was stripped from my car:

There is the controller with the knob for choosing how much/little slip you want (and "off"), a load of wiring, and the 'brain'. So where do you pug the serial connector in to programme it?!?

I never got round to programming it when I bought the car as Jake reported it was set up for a different wheel size, thus was getting spurious operation and so it was always switched off.

Ryan removed all the RLTC kit from my car when I went Solaris, but I still can't actually see how I would have programmed it? I thought it was done with a laptop and via a 9 pin din 9 pin din lead?

TIA!

Isnt it on the back Steve?

I have the digi adjuster version, so im not sure on the analogue one.

lol I'm not sure mate and I already packaged it all up ready to post!

It probably is, I'm looking at the online manual at the moment for clues - page 6 shows it connects to 'the brain'. ;)

edit - I don't think it matters what adjustor you have as I believe they are interchangeable.

Here are closeups of the plugs, on the serial connector (note it's upsidedown, that's Pin 6 at the top right):

Blue - Pin 2

Red - Pin 3

Green - Pin 5

attachment.php?attachmentid=87855&stc=1&d=1234214190

On the RLTC plug I don't know how the pins are numbered but looking from the back of the plug, the 2 on the bottom row are for the diagnostic led:

Green - Pin 2

Red - Pin 3

Blue - Pin 4

attachment.php?attachmentid=87854&stc=1&d=1234214190

IMG_3135.jpg

IMG_3136.jpg

Doh! At least it's an easy fix to put right then; those close up photos are spot on!

I'll contact the buyer and see if he wants me to do this or if he feels confident to sort it out. Many thanks Paul, Jay :thumbs:

Double DOH!

Sorry Steve, It was because we were rushing to get the stuff out for you before the Train. The Serial connector must be down the side of the gearbox tunnel behind the carpet. If you cant find it send it to me i will fix chap, as i cut it.

Ryan

Hell Folks:hi:. This wont be a problem:). A normal serial RS232 Female connector With pin No-2-Tx=blue.... pin No-3-Rx=red....pin-No-5-grn=green....:jester: What does interest me is where I could find the "ECU"... ECM multi plug/socket (80-pin) & (70&40-pin) that is found on the Supra. Also, spare male/female pins & punch down tool, so I can try to make my own home made patch cable (Fields Harness) ...Plus of course the 26 pin & 16 pin sockets for the RLTC.

Edited by den1
more info (see edit history)