The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is £3500 too much...?

gordy.r

Went to look at an imported N/A manual Supra today, silver in colour, 1995 'M' reg, with 153,000 km on the clock, 2 UK owners and no mods except for 3 spoke 18" alloys and an aftermarket exhaust (not too sure which one - but very quite until opened up).

Very clean inside and out, I was left to look around, start it up and take it for a test drive myself - no sales person with me, so I gave it what for on the B roads all seemed in good order.

Pulled ever so slightly to the left on hard braking, but apart from that everything seemed in order.

After starting and letting it run for a few minutes the revs dropped to about 750-800rpm, is this normal or do thy idle higher as I looked at another today that idled above 1000 rpm !!!

It also has a Panasonic Bluetooth double din stereo and the full toolkit and space saver is present.

Basically I have been offered peanuts for my Skyline (around the £6k mark) as a trade in and the Supra is up for £3800 but will do £3500 for cash....

Is this worth it or should I be looking to pay less???

Nice car and I am very tempted - just don't like silver - but that can be changed haha!

Gordy

Guest Angry Koala
After starting and letting it run for a few minutes the revs dropped to about 750-800rpm, is this normal or do thy idle higher as I looked at another today that idled above 1000 rpm !!!

700-800 is right AFAIK. If it's idling at over 1000 there's something wrong mate.

700-800 is right AFAIK. If it's idling at over 1000 there's something wrong mate.

I don't know if the TT is different, but 1100~1200rpm is the correct initial cold idle engine speed, it then drops to abotu 1,000, then to about 800 as it warms up. The idle point will also be raised if the air con is on.

I paid £3.5k for mine in June last year and it's nearly identical spec, also from a dealer etc.

With the way the market is at the moment, you should be looking at £3k max

I don't know if the TT is different, but 1100~1200rpm is the correct initial cold idle engine speed, it then drops to abotu 1,000, then to about 800 as it warms up. The idle point will also be raised if the air con is on.

The NA is the same as the TT in this respect, so a high cold start idle is normal.

• 11 months later...

I've not seen many less than 3k, I paid more for mine only 3-4 mths ago.

I found one at 2k and 2.5 but they were s$#t, you get what you pay for.

All of the Supras I've seen are Idling around 1000-1500 on cold (Is very cold at the min)

And then rest around 600-700

Seemed perfect to me

I've not seen many less than 3k, I paid more for mine only 3-4 mths ago.

I found one at 2k and 2.5 but they were s$#t, you get what you pay for.

All of the Supras I've seen are Idling around 1000-1500 on cold (Is very cold at the min)

And then rest around 600-700

Seemed perfect to me

you do realise this thread is nearly a year old don't you ? :search:

Mike

Sounds rather overpriced to me gordy, especially with such a high mileage and in Silver.

High mileage hmm... 153,000 km is 95k miles IMHO that's not too much for 15 years old car :rolleyes: I know there is lot of adverts with lower mileage but the thing is they are converted to miles so do you really can trust them ? And BTW what's wrong with silver ? I know they are quite common but everybody know all sports car comes on black, silver and red ;) 3000 it's should be right price for the car like this but if it's on really good condition maybe worth to pay :eyebrows:

High mileage hmm... 153,000 km is 95k miles IMHO that's not too much for 15 years old car :rolleyes: I know there is lot of adverts with lower mileage but the thing is they are converted to miles so do you really can trust them ? And BTW what's wrong with silver ? I know they are quite common but everybody know all sports car comes on black, silver and red ;) 3000 it's should be right price for the car like this but if it's on really good condition maybe worth to pay :eyebrows:

I have to agree about the mileage, That sounds good to me, And as it's still in km surely that means the mileage is more genuine than one been converted?

Yes i know it's an old thread :)