The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Question about exporting supra to Bangkok

Guest johnnie

Guest johnnie

Hi guys

I'm originally from Bangkok, Thailand but come to UK for studying Master Degree and I'm using Supra here bought since December 2008. I want to modify and decorate my Supra but it would be worthless if I could use it only for 8-9 months and go back so I am thinking of taking this Supra back with me to Bangkok but some people saying that the law of UK doesn't allow you to export secondhand car and it shouldn't older than 3 years, is that true? This car is Japanese Import SZ-R non-turbo.

Do anyone here know the procedure? If possible I would go back to my country at the end of this year.

PS. I have try using search the forum but found only about exporting to Europe countries so I am not sure if it is the same case.

The above isn't true in Europe but ,maybe it is outside of the EU?

I think even if you can get your car back the tax will be incredibly high, but I can only go from how expensive the Supra's were in Thailand :)

I like this line.

I want to modify and decorate my Supra

Jurgen should be able to help as he's exported further outside Europe afaik :)

Hi guys

I'm originally from Bangkok, Thailand but come to UK for studying Master Degree and I'm using Supra here bought since December 2008. I want to modify and decorate my Supra but it would be worthless if I could use it only for 8-9 months and go back so I am thinking of taking this Supra back with me to Bangkok but some people saying that the law of UK doesn't allow you to export secondhand car and it shouldn't older than 3 years, is that true? This car is Japanese Import SZ-R non-turbo.

Do anyone here know the procedure? If possible I would go back to my country at the end of this year.

PS. I have try using search the forum but found only about exporting to Europe countries so I am not sure if it is the same case.

why not do what everyone else does, stay here:d